Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LMK if you want some Brett to chuck in there Dan (might take a year to ferment though), I've got the funkiest shit growing wild in my Molasses tanks ATM. It REEKS of Pine Apple.
Thanks but i,ll keep this one simple for now, would like to use some brett one day with cherries, at the moment I just wanna get some in bottles, im too impatient to wait a year.
I finally brewed an APA

"Yakima Monster"

For 20 Litres in the fermenter...

Golden Promise: 4.8kg
Caramalt: .2kg
Nugget: 30g 60mins 11.6 AA
Simcoe 25g 10min 12.3
Amarillo 25g 10min 8.6
Amarillo 25g 0min 12.3
Simcoe 25g 0min 8.6
Amarillo 50g Dry Hop
Simcoe 50g Dry Hop.

Total IBU 75 Rager

To read up on my brewday (amongst other things) take a look at my blog

Cheers.
Nice one Joking. You got to "get obsessed and stay obsessed" as Graham Greene said.
Nice! I am an APA fan. Recently brewed an APA monster (110 IBU). It was initially too bitter, but it actually matured out really well. It was commonly referred to as lunatics soup. No need for pot at that level!!
You are one sick SOB, Tony! You should post that recipe up, so the other hopheads on here can dream about it.
Imperial Smoked Stout

5kg Smoked Malt
3.75 Marris Otter
600g Munich 2
300g Amber? (using it up)
300g Chocolate
250g Pale Chocolate
300g Black Malt
300g Roast Barley

21 litres

100ibu of Nelson S and Centenial

2 Stage Mash being Smoked Malt First then MO and Specialties

2 Pack of S-05 (No Time for Wyeast 1968 Starter)
Holy sh*t that looks tasty Mike!!!
Heres Hoping!! Change Hoping Schedule to 90g Chinook @ 60 and 50g Centenial @ 30 woundering if I should add a 15 min addition?
Up to you, I wouldnt personally with a beer like that, would be better without much hop flavour.. I probably wouldnt even have the 30 min addition in a beer like this, but thats just me..
Yeah!! very true!! the aroma vanishes pretty quick!!
I'm with reviled - you probably don't want hop aroma competing with the smoke.
Though you won't know unless you try...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service