Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you milling with - 2.5 hours would be very painful, you can put that time to better use - anyone with a mill nearby ?

Cheers, jt
One of those old style flour mill types with the nut slackened off.

Not the best mill it must be said.
Blande recipe incarnation Mk IX all mashed in. Probably nowhere near a Blonde by now
94% ADM Pils
6% Pale Crystal
A handful of choclate
1.040 and 24 IBU with us05
12 IBU Super Alpha @ 60
Hallertau @ 30
NZ Cascade & Motueka @15, 10, 5 &1

Spuds are just through in the garden too, it's a great morning !
HULK SMaSH
5.5kg Golden Promise
2 hour boil
25g US Cascade at 90, 20, 1 minutes
Aiming for an OG of 1.056
US-05
dry hop at 4g/l

This brew day seems 2 hours longer than normal thanks to the boil and daylight savings. My electric bucket of death HLT did a fine job.
Whipped up a quick stout this arvo. My first ever stout.
Any suggestions for a name?

18L batch

2 x Macs Pale kit
300g Roast Barley
200g Choc
200g Carapils
200g Crystal 40
200g Muscavado Sugar
100g Caraaroma

20min boil with 68g Fuggles
Aiming for around 39 IBU

US-05
Paint the Toilet Black??
Hmmm, PTB, I like the sound of that.
Just pitched this at 20c. OG came in at 1.065.
Had the first taste of this stout last night and it's tasting great! There's a little kit character in there but overall a great beer. It's only been out of the fermenter for a week so it should improve over the coming weeks.

If anyone is looking for an extract, hops & steeped grain stout I would totally recommend this recipe.

The OG was 1.062 and the FG wouldn't come down below 1.020 even after 3 weeks in the fermenter, probably due to the extract which is getting on a bit now.
Yea, I had a hydrometer sample last night - the Pookie Brown. very smooth, but just a touch to warm to enjoy.

Still at 1.013 which I think is a little high still. The best of this series was around 76% attenuation, so I'd like to see this finish around 1.010
Wondering if I should brew again this weekend as it's been taking a bit of family time lately
If I do, it's the next incarnation of my Kid Chocolate rip off.
I'm going for more authenticity this time round - just bought a good supply of pale crystal - and I'm going with all pale chocolate, not a mix of pale & regular.
One day I'll totally make good and use MO for the base malt too. Maybe even with a liquid English ale yeast.
But for now it's consistantly the best keg on offer at home.
ADM Pils 3.485
Pale Crystal 430
Pale Choc 110
Brown 220
Black 55
1.038, 15 IBU Willamette @ 60 and 5 IBU Styrians @ 15
SO4 of course
Nice wee recipe that I know you're really making your own... it would definitely benefit from a richer base malt and possibly a blend of S04/US05.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service