Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And there's also a very fine line between clever and stupid! Let the Spinal Tap quotes roll!
My stupidity goes up to 11...
I go to 12, a round dozen, a whole crate !

Hey Tony

When you say it will keep well how long do you think it would last refridgerated under sterile water?

The 1469 is not what I want to use every time I brew but would love to pull it out every now n then!

without freezing etc

Cheers Chris

Baltic porter with Northern brewer bittering and Saaz hops flavour/aroma, brewing like a doppelbock so in the fridge for 2 months 1.090 OG looking for 1.022ish final
yum.... it's been too long between Baltic Porters for me.  I'm definitely brewing one this winter.  Just the mention of the word reminds me of the near orgasmic experience I had drinking an aged Redoak Baltic Porter.  Outstanding stuff, I just wish it had been a magnum amongst friends rather than a nip bottle for myself.

Just finished chilling a batch of the famous Janet's Brown Ale.

I'm too lazy to type out the recipe haha.

Third time I've brewed this I think...great beer.

More a ‘what have I nearly finished drinking’.  But getting lots of good feedback on a simple SMaSH which is lovely on the handpump.  Could be even nicer with East Kent Goldings when they’re back in town.

“Boring” Golden Ale

4kg Maris Otter

60 min Mash @ 67C

90 min boil:

15g Fuggles (4.2%) @ 60, 45, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 0

W1028 London Ale yeast

4.5% ABV

32.5 IBU

Bet that would be mint with some Styrians, would make a great summer beer at least.

Smokin' Joe Stout

3kgs Smoked Malt

1.75kgs Maris Otter

0.6kgs Crytsal

0.3Kg Choc

0.3kgs Roasted

35g Motueka @ 60 Mins

35g NZ Fuggles @ 60 Mins

25g Motueka @ 15 Mins

25g NZ Fuggles @ 15 Mins

US-05

5.3%

40 IBU

Been testing this all week and its down to 1.010 but with 50% smoked malt its still not smokey. Smells like a decent stout but I,m a bit disapointed with the smokiness in it. I,m thinking the smoked malt has been out for a while and lost its aroma or the special malts are covering it all up. I,m thinking the former though.
Brewing a stout with some American hops in it. It also has a good whack of oats, which is making my brew night a lot longer than I'd hoped for.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service