Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm to save confusion - my last post was replying to Bretts Coopers kit brew - not sure why it ended up under JTs post.

Just racked my Oud Bruin onto 30g of oak chips and pitched the Roeselare Blend. SG has come down from 1.070 to 1.018 with the American Ale yeast, so the bugs have still got something to go at.

Glad I wasn't doing a full brewday today - the shed thermometer was showing 39 degrees without any heat sources!

Knocked this out on sunday, not too sure what to expect from the hop combo, but should be interesting... Thats US cascade btw, the very first ever purchase I made from Jo when he took over Liberty, the last of it :o(

2.5kg Kolsch

1.5kg Golden Promise

180g CaraAroma

120g CaraAmber

90 - 10g Super Alpha

15 - 15g NZ Styrians, 10g NZ Goldings, 20g Cascade

5 - 30g Cascade

US-05

Brewed the Dusseldorf Altbier recipe from brewing classic styles on Friday. Looking forward to this one..not that I know what an Altbier is meant to taste like but the wort tasted amazing. I pitched a healthy dose of S05 and it's cranking along at 16 degrees

Original Gravity: 1.049
IBU: 46
SRM: 12.3
Boil Duration:     90.0 mins       
Fermentation Temperature:     16 degC       

German Wyermann Pilsner Malt 3.300 kg
German Munich Malt     0.800 kg    
Belgian Aromatic Malt     0.410 kg    
German CaraMunich III     0.230 kg   
German Carafa I     0.085 kg    

60 min: NZ Hallertauer Aroma 7.0 % 43 g 
15 min: German Tettnang 4.8 % 21 g

Yeast
DCL US-05 (formerly US-56) SafAle

Brewing studio1's 'Spellbinder' today. Only things I'm doing differently is fermenting it with Wyeast Irish Ale (instead of US05), and using NZ Goldings (instead of Styrian). 

Brewing a double header today with 2 new hops to me

Falconers Pale Ale

92% TF Halcyon

4% TF Light Crystal

4% Carapils

68 Degree Mash

12Ibu Falconers Flight @ 60

2 Grams per Litre @ 20 8 0

1.050 - 1.012, 5%

40Ibu

US05

Imperial Pilsner

88% Pils Malt

12% Dextrose

20Ibu Citra @ 60

3g Per litre @ 10, 0 Dryhop

1.075 - 1.014 8% Abv

50Ibu

34/70

Falconers flight?? Random? Sounds like something out of knight rider lol

Citra looks tasty Mike, did you get those two hops from Tuatara?

Morebeer?  I almost got some Falconer's.

And yeah, Rev, sounds sci fi as.

Nah not morebeer I got it from a Hop Dealerz up northz
Hop dealer up north? If ur talking NZ I dont think those were hops u brought ;) lol
Dont start brewing untill you have weighed out all the ingredients!! Like all of them down to the Kettle Finnings!! No kettle finnings equals Hazy polyphenolic beer yuck!! Not even a mad rush down to Great Expectations could save this beer (had none in stock??? wtf) What an Amatuer!!
PVPP that shit yo.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service