Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im not to scarred to go sub 1.036 but I do want it to have some booze in it!! I want 3% and not much more or less I will see how much top up water I need and see aye?
"just wondering why not 60 minute ? Tried a couple of brews without and I miss it."

Im the same, never been 100% happy with a beer that doesnt have even a small bittering addition!
The late hopping is a different bitterness, not as biting and refreshing as a good 60 minute addition I reckon
Yeah but I brewed one before that almost came out astringent with the bitterness due to the up front hops, im not adverse to it all.
LOL, 50% crystal malt and it still made it down to 1010?? What temp did you mash at Soren?
yeah I was suprised as well, 60% attentuation is only a shade less than I usually get with 1968 on a "normal" grain bill. I recon one could brew a pretty good beer with 100% caramalt, carahell or the likes... maybe a handful of pilsner malt for some enzymes if needed...

I mashed at 70C, but it started out a bit cold and I had to adjust. didnt take more than a minute though...

Dryhopped it this morning with 50g of amarillo. not that it really needed it but wht the heck? I'm trying to pack as much flavour into 2% abv as I can!
I'm down from 1.033 to 1.010 on my pale with 05.
Mashed @ 71 though the North Welly research unit reckoned upto 72

I think I might rack it and see if it'll clear a bit then keg. Otherwise I think it'll get a bit low ?
What do I have to do for a bottle Soren??
If it ends up good I'll organize you a sample!

I never got around to sending you a sample of this Rev. at first it wasn't good enough to share, then it went so good that I nearly KO'd the entire keg in a weekend of sunshine and gardening...

Anyways, I'm brewing the second attempt as we speak. With 2000 litres of the stuff I should have enough to spare a bottle, so I'll try and remember it this time. If it's good enough to share that is...:)

Having a bit of a session on this low alc beer while moving the lawns and brewing an imperial pilsner... it's ok but not great, quite thin and the dry hop is just totally out of place. the beer is out of balance but may come right after a few weeks.

after xmas I will brew another, this time I will do:

45% pale crystal

45% carapils

10% pilsner malt (just in case the crystals needs a bit of enzymes for full conversion)

Hopping will be pretty similar but I will throw the dry hops in the kettle instead.

bump up the gravity to 1.030 and hope that it only attenuates about 50%.

Interesting project this low alc beer with binging possibilities...:)

Give it time I reckon. my first 1033 was on the thin side until it conditioned up

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service