Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are the amounts right? cos youve got like 11kg of malt in that, for 22litres thatd be a barley wine ;o)
Nothin wrong with that! Good stuff. You never seen Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye?
Dude if you want it like hot rod rye it will need shed loads more hops!!
"Dude if you want it like hot rod rye it will need shed loads more hops!!"

Thats what I was thinking, I brought a 4 pack back from the states and it is extremely hoppy, and about 8% from memory..
Yeah I know. Just doin a trial with the Sorachi Ace. I put a good amount in my last brew and I,m gonna dry hop it to hell as well but I want to see what they're like in "normal" amounts.
lol, im glad you put normal in brackets there mate ;o) Ill be keen to try your brews once theyre drinking, maybe at the next WBC?
Yeah I should be there, I'll have 2 or 3 beers for everyone to try hopefully. My entry, my Schwarzbier and hopefully this Rye beer.
Haven't brewed for a bit but have the following quasi American Amber all set for tomorrow morning:

85% Pale
10% Medium crystal
5% Dark Crystal
Handful of black

Nugget @ 75
Chinook & Mixed bag* @ 20
Amarillo & Cascade @ 10
Amarillo, Chinook, Cascade Dry

70 IBU
US05

*Mixed bag - is a hop combo left over from my pacific jade IPA that wasn't used. All the hops got mixed together in the bag. It's mostly PJ, bit of cascade and a touch of Motueka. The combination made for a nice citrus, almost orange marmalade so figured it should perform well here. (only using 30gm)
Hey no WBC?
Yeah, the whole fruit beer thing kinda fell through... so what happened?
Argh it's tomorrow! Ah well, I haven't been on here for a bit and thought I'd missed it. I don't have an entry anyway unless I find a way of stuffing raspberry jam into an imperial stout...
raspberry jam into an imperial stout

Serve as with depth charge of jam?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service