Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, Mike, umm, you now seem to be the resident expert on freezing beer.... I just checked our backup food/wine fridge (for conelius keg dimensions) which I had comandeered a couple of weeks back to laager a lager, and it seems after a couple of weeks of being happy, the lager has now frozen. Not just a little, the whole damn carboy. Hmm. Bugger. Crap.

Is this an unmitigated disaster, or might it be OK when it thaws? (break it to me gently now.....)
on closer crime scene examination its only the top 150mm or so that is frozen, will take it out and let it thaw and hope for the best...
Its happend to me also, just let it warm up a little or siphon off the ice and enjoy it!!
Oat Malt
Pale ale - quick turnaround for dwindling stocks

4kg golden promise
1kg munich
3oogm pale crystal

pacifica at 60, then cascade and pacifica at 20, 10 and 3 minutes.
s04 because that's all I gots.
How d'you think those hops'll come through with O4 Barry ?
You're brewing oat malt?
Thinking about it...

Malted Oats...

Should be like Poridge Beer...
Or Glue Beer!!
Simpsons do some oat malt that supposed to be the absolute business, I think it's like toasted oat malt or something, sounds damn tasty.
Have to get some of these brewing oats!!
Some sort of American Pale Ale, inspired by all the choice beers I enjoyed in the states.

Fermentables
Pale Malt
Munich
Crystal
White Sugar

Hops
Centennial
Amarillo
Simcoe
Columbus

Wyeast 1272
Targetting 1.058 and 55IBU, so slightly out of style guidelines but i need to use my American hops - its a hard life

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service