Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All I could see was the vison.
Yum that looks pretty good!! Hmmmm, a Rye PA might have to be on the cards, its been a while...
Am brewing tomorrow, time to repeat my Pale Imitation. Last time it was Riwaka Saaz all the way through, but I don't have much left now so this time will need to vary the hops. Looking at this:

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.00 kg Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 88.89 %
0.35 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 7.78 %
0.15 kg Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3.33 %

15.00 gm Pacific Gem [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 23.3 IBU
10.00 gm Pacific Gem [13.00 %] (30 min) Hops 11.9 IBU
20.00 gm D-Saaz [5.00 %] (10 min) Hops 4.3 IBU
15.00 gm Nelson Sauvin [11.20 %] (1 min) Hops 0.9 IBU
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc

1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #US-05) Yeast-Ale

20.00 gm D-Saaz [5.00 %] (Dry Hop 10 days) Hops -

The last batch is now 6 weeks old, and is still settling in... I think all the Saaz has made it tend to grapefuit, hopefully this mix will improve that.
I put a brew down for my Sisters' new Fiance yesterday to celebrate their new engagement. It's on its way up to Helensville in a 35L brecraft fermenter as we speak. He'll bottle it and get drunk off it in a few weeks time. It's a psudo Imperial Pilsner.

Any tasting reports on this ?
I just gassed and poured batch six-60-nine which is a Super Alpha, Hallertau, Cascade and Motueka combo and it's delicious
Slightly different beast in comparison as this is 1.038 beer, but I was interested in thoughts on the hop combo
Still in the bottle conditioning phase - but I promise I will report in as soon as I get a taste. My brother had a taste on Saturday, and has reported that it is very much similar to "Stuntwoman" from Hallertau, but the hops leap out upfront - slap you in the face, then fuck off quickly to a slick malty dry finish... more to come.
bottle conditioning phase

Kegs for a wedding pressie then ?

It's a good hop combo for sure .
You are an intuative man jt. This is a test batch for their big day. I'm doing at least 4 kegs of different batches for them. This will be one of them - he is a huge huge huge fan of Stuntwoman. He felt lost when Steve ran out.
Nah, just a stab in the dark ... look out for a knife wielding brewer !
Just tasting my IPA (racked to secondary for a bit of clearing - hop pellets had a field day)

A touch of sweetness and not very dry. I suspect that was due to too much crystal... Should have maybe swapped some of the crystal for a bit of sugar to dry it out.

My estimated OG was 1.060 and got 1.064
My estimated FG was 1.016 and got 1.010

I'm pretty happy with that for a first AG. Means she's a whoppin 7.3% though. Might have to sip this one.
1.010 and it's not dry enough???
That's pretty bloody good attenuation I would have thought. Doing the right thing by your yeast mate. Sounds great.
I think the proof will be in the bottle in couple of weeks. There was definitely an underlying sweetness which was more than I had expected.
Had a huge yeast cake at the bottom of the fermenter too, lots of yeastie, hoppy trub mmm :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service