Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm slowly aquiring parts for a single tier set up.

I'm stumped at which burners to use at the moment.

What's everyone using and how do you find it?

Cheers and beers,

Glenim.

Views: 2181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whats the boil like with the 2 burners?
I usually turn them both down to 1/2 or 3/4 to keep the boil from going too crazy and boiling off too much wort.
Though on a really cold, windy day I have to keep them both on max to ensure a good vigorous boil.
Whilst in Auckland recently we went to the Otara Markets there were all sorts of burners and pots for sale there.
One shop nearby even had a full selection of ringburners bizzare to see so many in one place!
Just thought I would put it out there in case anyone in Auck is looking for a burner?
I'm using one of these (without a regulator) for my boiling and thoroughly recommend it...

http://www.gasmate.co.nz/product_listing.php?sec=CE&cat=2&p...

It's a bit pricey but when you see the 4ft flame of death that it is capable of, you will have to have it... :)
Hey Fairlane, how much did ya pick that up for? Also it says it requires a high pressure reg so im unsure how you would be using it without a regulator??

I must admit im very intrigued by said 4ft Flame of death ;o)
None of the supposed distributors I checked with so far had one in stock... crap.
Argh, why tease us like that?? It looks the bizness!!
I think that's what they use to ignite the booster rockets when they launch the space shuttle :-) Looks awesome.
Any prices? Looks much better quality than the ring burners!
ok now this is not a tease.... You can actually get a 4ft flame of death as stated :))

I do actually use it without a regulator and when I had it running a bit hot the other day, the bottom of my keg was glowing bright orange :) was doing some distillation so no effect on product. It will get 50L boiling in about 15mins

I got mine from a company in Hastings called AW Holders on Omahu rd. Was about $200 from memory...
If it ignites a space shuttle (or makes the keg glow) then it's worth $200!
Yeah you need to be careful though... I had to buy a new ball valve for my keg afterwards as I had melted the teflon seal in it! Doh! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service