Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May be still on tap at Regionals

Your words are very kind and do them plenty of justice mate!

There must still be some kegs around, otherwise it definitely will be back in limited quantities in 2011.

is it going to be an all year beer Soren?

yep it'll be part of the permanent line up. well, it is still a limited release: it is "limited" to the number we can sell...:-)

A year ago we weren't planning on brewing anything permanently but plans change I suppose.

The beer we brewed today wont be permanent though: a 1.118 black as hell monster, destined for epic's old barrels. Just too much bloody work mashing in 817 kg of malt by hand...

Why hand? No rakes?

we have one rake yes, and 2 paddles. all three are powered by hands...:-) we carry the milled grain up to the mashtun by hand as well. pretty sure we're the largest non-automised brewery in the world.....

Im sure I seen a mash tun their and a lauter and a person fixing the mash pump? hahaha

at renaissance? we did try putting in the old mashpump... it pumped 1500 liters of mash in 2 minutes, after which it was all mushed up and gelatinized... discontinued after 3 brews and we're back to the paddles:)

Hand mashed beer tastes better anyway!! Handbrewed? Craftbrewed? Handbrewed for me!! Keep up the good work!!

you guys really should invest in an auger

1033 Brown. It's not quite as dark as the pic suggests

At a couple of weeks in the keg it's very drinkable and certainly tweakable, which is what I'm doing on Sunday

Opened the lucky dip from last sunday, labelled 715 P-Sharp? Is it the late hopped brown, 1036? Smelled great on the pour and it's sliding down nicely.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service