Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Went to a party out west last night, which was a good excuse to call at Hallertau for a couple of takeaways - Epic Mayhem and Deception. The Mayhem was on superb form, lots of sweet malt underscored by tangy bitterness. The Deception is now my go-to beer at Hallertau - superb stuff. Followed these 2 with a couple of bottles each of Renaissance Perfection and Paradox. Sadly I have little recollection of the Paradox, and my head is now reminding me why I no longer party till 3am very often.
Fullers Vintage Ale 2008.
Stay away all you hop heads, you'd not enjoy it. Leave this one for me. Pure class.
I saw that one at New World Vic Park when I was there... thought on it?
Weekend full of some superb drinking,

Tui
Kempius Old Ale
Jokings Blonde
Mr Cherrys Riwaka Glden Ale
Revileds Smoked
Epic Mayhem
Emersons Pale Ryder
Bon Secores (POO)
Emerson APA (Good Drinking Now Me Reacons)
Epic
Paradox
tui WTF?
lol, yeah mate how can you force that down your throat? :oP

Had a big drinking night on friday, had a couple of pints of Mayhem which were downed all too quickly, followed by a couple of litres to take away, as well as a bottle of Perri and Fruit wine :o) A very good night, but I felt like shit on saturday :o( lol
Haha I drunk it to prove to people I enjoy all beer, but I was only kidding myself that is Vile I forgot how vile it is, I hadnt had one in 5 years!!
Awesome. A little bit of autolysis, a load of fat English malt and a subdued but balanced bitterness.
Friday night, after brewing some beer, and testing plenty of beers (and cider) at the brewery, we tried out Invercargill's newest restaraunt: Buster Crabb.

It's a model for all other restaurants in the country. A retaurant with 4 tap beers and... wait for it... two handpumps!!! And a decent bottled range to boot. So here I was, at the you-know-what-they-call-it end of the world, drinking $6 pints of Invercargill Stanley Green off the beer engine (tasting the best I've ever had it, i reckon). Pretty dusty Saturday morning.
I can vouch for all that - especially the 'dusty' bit. There must be something in the Invercargill water that doesn't agree with Stu...
But I didn't drink any water.
It must be something funny in cider.
I felt much better after some fresh (read: 'gale force') air at Bluff Hill on Saturday morning. Then those Austrlian crunchie bars, a coke and a Great White at the Chch Airport Bar set me on the up and up... I was bouncing on the trampoline by the late afternoon.
Recently bought a six pack of Shoefferhoffer Hefeweizen. An old fav of mine. I love German Hefeweizen. I have been trying to brew one but haven't quite got it yet. I got it on special at Countdown- $17.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service