Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Single garage with a rumpus (read - bar) right next to it :o) Perfect really! Gonna be so sweet having some room!
cool mate, so we can expect a leaving party then a moving in party, then? I feel a session coming on and it's about time I tasted some of Reviled's famous BIAB brew?
lol, will def have some kind of drinks for moving in :o) Got to christen the bar!
Sh*t, just realised im gonna have to hold off brewing my Doppelbock, cos I wont be able to move fermenting beer in the car without it oxidising will I? :o(

Thoughts??? Aww man, no brewing for three weeks :o( Well, might be able to squeeze in an APA? If I get onto it quickly...
lol well that makes me feel a bit better - problem is tho, I dont have an airlock cos I ferment my lagers in cubes, and just crack the lid every now and then - allthough the co2 will be pushing the oxygen out eh?

So in theory id just need to make sure that lid stays nice and tight for a couple of days before the move and should be sweet as?
Maybe someone else can comment there.

Yea, there's more to life than beer, wait until you've moved and save yourself the stress ... ha ha h aha ... could you imagine it ?
In theory if you're kegging you'd have a way to purge any excess O2 anyway, by running some CO2 in there before you transport it?

If your fermentation still has a couple of weeks to run at moving day, I wouldn't think stirring up trub would be a major, it'll all settle again over the couple of weeks at the new place.
Cheers VDog, yeah I assume it will be pre lagering stage then so the lagering will give the trub a heap of time to settle...
"theres more to life than beer"

Like making beer you mean? ;o) I would wait, but, its gonna take months to brew this anyway, so I want to get it over and done with lol

There is a hollow handle that would harbour a bit of O2, but hey, youve convinced me enough Crabbey - cheers mate :o)
I reckon it'll be fine, rousing the yeast can even be good for it. Just keep it sealed to keep the O2 out and you'll be fine.
JoKing's Naked Poppy IIPA

FUCKIN' EH!!!!
What an awesome bitter brew. This beer is so bitter is spits on Pliny and stomps on Armageddon.
Well done Joseph... your wee girl is going to grow up a little beer baroness.

Hazy gold with an airy head that is scared off by the huge aroma... if you can smell bitterness, which I believe you can, it is in this beer... heirloom oranges and vodka, a perfect screwdriver... rich but slender malt carries a huge pithy hop flavour with an extremely long bitterness that releases some spicy hops and warming alcohol. I would have said that the best beer that I've tasted this year was my own Imperial PKB, until I tasted this (mad props to Mike Neilson who probably takes out 3rd, 4th and 5th in this department). YOU are craft brewer.

This is great example why, as much as I loved it, I said that Pliny is an American IPA and not an American IIPA.

Well thought out and really well brewed. A shame Poppy will know never know anything of it beyond the ramblings of some old geezers... save the recipe and tasting notes for her.

Best wishes to the three of you.
Stu, Fritha, Frankie, Ted, Sonny and Wendy x x x x x woof!
It one heck of a brew aye!! I kind of agree with you some what Stu but I belive now that Pliny is a Double IPA. But I reacon this is what Pliny the Younger must be like!! being it a Triple IPA? I love this beer though and would pay alot of money for it if it was brewed comercially.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service