Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unusually a second post in the same week where it's not my own beer

A trip into Hashigo Zake, to meet up with Chris and Joe

It was really good to meet Joe and try a couple of his beers

I did like the taranaki pale, also tried the Hi Carb which didn't seem as sessionable as the pale .. no complaints though

One of the most entertaining hours I've spent with a pint in my hand lately, lots of talk about 1.060 and 1.033 beers, shiney stainless  and yeast

I hope the tasting went well, cheers chaps

Just trying your beer now jt whilst I wait for my brown ale to settle. Just forced carbed for Saturday. Really enjoying the beer, was it lil darkie? Recipe? Very impressed with it, really clear, nice toffee nose, malty smooth body. Get a little bit of book binder in there, same hops maybe? Really like the favours coming through in the malt profile. Great work

That's the brew with the stuck sparge ?

Let us know when the keg's at it's peak and I'll be back for a sample  ... and good luck !

Yes, it was a lil darkie and it's a little smoother in the bottle conditioned

82.5% Malteurop

3% Dark cara

8.5% dark crystal

3% pale choc

2% choc

1% black

1.033 with S05

15 IBU of Super Alpha @ 60 (use you fav bittering hop here)

1gm/L Cascade and 0.5gm/L Sauvin @ 20 10 & 1

It's drawn heavily on Stu's suggested Pot Kettle Mild from ages ago

Yeah that's the one, unfortunately I think I'm picking up the same metallic taste that's been in the last few of my beers, dodgy grain I think.

Nice work on the recipe, I'd never have guessed that much dark grains in it. Very session-able. Might have to give that malteurop grain out myself. Think I have some lying around ready for schwarz.

Chilled out tonight at the MH , caught up with some of the Realbeer , HZ and Wgtn Regional wine boys and knocked back some soild beers. got stuck into the Hop Zombie , Hopocalypse , Motueka and Yakima.

Changed the scene as everyone was drinking IPA's and passed around a bottle of never go back which got high 5's all round .

A big shout out to the dude that poked my left nipple and brusied it because i was wearing a Hop Zombie T and knocked me for it and the beer , bro you were drinking at the MH not the establishment. what a primo night met some great people !!!

Me too sorry Dan I have just now made the connection between the guy behind that thumping great snapper and the guy I saw floating around at maltys!

Anyway I dragged my sorry ass along with a mild case of larangitis (no voice) and probably made a dick of myself with people I would normally chat to who got the nod,some unofficial sign language or a noise that sounded like it was once a voice sorry guys!

The beers were good but I didnt try that many cause they werent curing me as I had hoped ultra hopped IIPA's would?

Yakima Warrior and Hop Zombie were probably my favs.

Dropped by HZ on the way home and had a Renaisance Choc Stout  I didnt quite know what to expect but really enjoyed it.

Cheers to all involved 

It was indeed a great night last night, although mega-packed for moist of the evening. I probably said hello to everybody at some point. There was plenty of hugging but no nipple-poking from me.

I loved the Townshend BlitzGreig - totally different style to the other hop monsters but beautifully drinkable. The Mike's IIPA was lovely but a bit too big for me. Motueka Warrior also good and Hop Zombie as delicious as ever. The extra bit of dryness and hop character in this batch elevates it another notch.

Superb night. I might manage a swift beer in HZ tonight on my way to the airport.

moist hugging but no nipple poking?

Still a bit hung over Martin? ;o)

Due to my cunning plan of ordering a glass of water with every glass of IPA, I felt fresh as a daisy this morning.

Sorry I missed all you fellas... i was in and out in 45min... a good chat to Mr Townshend and a quick hello to Joking, Soren and Mike... head nods, handshakes, hugs, kisses etc to a few others... then on my bike to oversee the children while my wife went out.

Tried three of the beers last night (and three more today at lunchtime)... they were all pretty bloody decent but none of them would have pipped batch one of Hop Zombie (let alone batch 2, which everyone seems to be loving). Funnily enough, contrary to my usual love of beers withthat extra bit of character, the winning beer (and most 'characterful") is probably my least favourite so far.

Looking forward to trying Zombie batch 2, stuntman and Mike's Accidental Extra IIPA at another time.

All-in-all good fun but I'm still not really sure what the IPA fuss is all about...

*ducks for cover*

I'm suffering today.

I'm ready for round teo!

Just been into town and picked up the following:

Big Smoke

Crooked Cider

3 Muskateers Baltic Porter

A 750ml of Chimay Blue

Some Batch 18

Some other home brews...

Bring on the Warriors!

RSS