Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Starting off with Trevors Red head eh? Man that beer was tasty! Way to easy to drink with that abv, your mates wont know what hit em...

Hope the weather clears up :-/
Renassainceiieicceie Elemental Porter.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Smells like cadbury;s turkish delight I recks.
Burton Bridge IPA - feckin' fantastic!
99% of the people in the country would say it tastes like homebrew, and I'd reply "If only a few New Zealand beers did too."
Steady on the pour...
My own Summer Babe. Gorgeous as the name would suggest.

Before that copious pints (3,4 or 5) of the Old Blighty (lovely) at the hop and before then introduced my mates to Epic PA at the Thirsty Weta. One approval, one preferred the Tuatara Pilsner

Might be overstating the SB but she tastes great to me
Hi Stu,

Burton Bridge IPA.. is this the same as Empire IPA Made by Burton Bridge?

Daniel
I imagine so - the cricketer and raj on the label, no words.
My Nugget pale ale.

5kg Australian Pale Malt (2 Row)
400g Cara-Pils
200g Crystal Malt - 20L
200g Munich Malt
50g NZ Hallertau @ start
50g NZ cascade 10 minutes from end
50g Hallertau aroma @ flame out

ABV=5%

It's a little over carbonated, and came out a little sweeter than I would loke but has matured nicely, a great hallertau nose on it and quite smooth
Bambule's Saison (number 2) - Really great. Very very pale, dry, spicy, with bubblegum and lemon. I wish Mac's Sasion, a few years back, had been along these lines.

Mayhem - Yum, very drinkable. I think I have preferred it out of the bottle. Seems softer, more balanced. None of the hop harshness (as slight as it was) that I got from the keg.
Glad you liked it Stu, The hot weather we had whilst it was brewing played right into that yeasts hands. 26-28C really helped get it down to 1.007 FG.
Didn't dip into your random selection yet. I was a little hazy and sleep deprived after a weekend of imbibtion. But looking forward to it tonight.
My first kegged beer, an American amber/brown, wen't down a treat at the party. A little under carbonated and not as clear as I'd prefer after the bumpy car ride but this only accentuated the hop. Many people talked about having a mouth coating of hop resin afterwards, which is a desired effect.
What was the ABV? It has got me thinking of brewing a traditional style saison - for the inner manual labourer - around 3%.
It was approx 6.1%, I pulled it down from 6.8% from version 1 as, although very drinkable, tended to make for an early night. Yes, the Belgians have a curious idea about beer this strong being to quench your thirst during the day! A 3% saison does makes sense, although I think the style does need a bit of sugar in their to get the dry mouth feel.
Wikipedia tells me that the beer for farm labourers was actually around 3% (no potable water and all that). That's what got me thinking. Interstingly, I've had similar esters off a warm fermented lager yeast... I might give it a crack sometime.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service