Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, nothing worty or green - I must be immune to the lower OG !

Do you have yeast left to give it a whirl again ?

Sitting in the sun this arvo a few quick tasters with Jt (and my mate Glen who I have been trying to influence to drink tasty/real beer for some time with the odd success)

Jt's 727 pale yum - nice to have some beers with real hop drive in them back - after the north welly 1469 craze!

My HobGoblinish clone with 1469 of course which I quite like normally but after jt's pale it seemed somewhat subdued.

Great way to get a little break from my trench digging in the rock!

And I thought I was doing a brewday tour of North Welly.

Matthew had started early and finished by the time I got there and Chris decided on had labour instead of brewing

I took home a bottle of last years North Welly Golden Ale. Reminded me how good the GA's by Chris & Matthew were with the 10% Carapils - or more how sticky mine was with the 10% crystal

somewhat subdued

A totally unfair comparison as they're totally different types of beers - trad ale vs Happy NZ Daft

I'm having a bottle of your Gobby now and it's got a similar toffee note that I picked in Matthew's Ringbinder that I haven't had in mine - shame

Absolutely drinkable and worth brewing again !

Interesting I wonder what brings out the toffee note then - any thoughts?

So tonight I tried a brew called "Ten Fiddy", and a Whitbeer called, "Namaste"

The Ten Fiddy was generally outstanding. It is an Russian Imperial Stout, and it has nice chocolate notes followed by a touch of licorice.  Whilst this was on tap, it had just a touch of oxidation, but I was still happy.

I also tried a neer from Dogfish head called "Namaste". This is a Whitbeer, and it has an interesting combination of the usual Whitbeer coriander sort of flavour, and a bit of lemon grass. I am generally not a fan of this style, but found it very refreshing and interesting.

Tomorrow, I will try Mikkeller. Having a craft brew pub 1/2 of a block away is not good for me . :/

MIkkeller Imperial Pale Ale: Wow! This is a lovely IPA. Between last night Oskar ten fidy, and this beer I will never be the same! (Ten Fidy for an awesome imperial russian stout, and this as an Imperial IPA.)

What I would really like to find is an awesome beer that is less than 5%. Do these exist apart from homebrewer beers?

Yeah it's called the range from 8wired! ;-)

Thanks gents.

There are great Imperial beers out there. I may be wrong, but I think great sessionable beers are †he way of the future. Don't get me wrong, I like a beautiful, flavourful, big beers like everyone else, but there is something to be said for having a very tasty beer that one does not get to pissed after a night of drinking.

This real bear list is a good list to look at.

If all breweries made were 7% , hopped to holy hell brews they would go out of business pretty quickly. Session beers pay the bills, Imperial beers pave the way.
Sessionable beers are the way of the past, present and future. A good example is the UK, where the vast majority of the cask ale market is built on 3.5% - 5% sessionable bitters.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service