Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drinking my own Ordinary Bitter for the next comp. I had some friends over from the UK and one of them said "I'd buy that if I seen it in a shop". Man, it was my first born son had just nailed his first chick. So proud...
Tried some at Hallertau last month. It was really tasty, very smooth with a nice coconut character to it. Superb dessert beer I thought..
Where can one get one's mits on some of the Hallertau/SOBA Coconut Porter? I'd love a drop of that.
As far as I'm aware it's only at The Malthouse in Wellington and maybe at Hallertau Brew Bar.
Steve tells me that the limited stock he had at Hallertau has gone already, so the Malthouse is the only place to get it. I'm hoping there will be some there on Thursday night when I'll be in town. Are you allowed out to play on Thursday Mr C? It would be great to meet my nemesis!
LOL. Yes, I plan on being there on Thursday night.
Sierra Nevada Summerfest 2010

Some might remember me sayiong how much I dislike lagers in previous chats. I like this beer! Today it was around 33 - 35 degrees in Miami, and this beer was perfect for such heat! Clean crisp, and a nit of a floral taste. I think it was SAAZ hops, but really am not sure.

Sierra Nevada did it again. :)
Yeastie Boys Yakima Monster - and a lot of it too. Since Thursday last week, I think I've had around 10 liters of the stuff through my Angram. I'll tell you what though - it's a completely different beer. I've had it in the bottles - infact I still have a dozen of them, but I go to the hand pump every time. It's a lot softer (which helps with the bitterness) and you can really taste the smooth malt character of the Golden Promeise.

I still prefer the keg version though. I had that at the malthouse.... lovely beer.
Love how a beer, and your palate, changes from day to day. Some days I prefer the Yak and other days I prefer the Mot.
It must have been liked by people at the Malthouse as they caned a 50l keg in one day (not unusual, except for the fact that it was a Tuesday!)

Just sorted beer for my wedding in two weeks.

Handpump:
-- Townshend Wedding FSA (20L x2) -- this is Cathcarts NTA "remixed" with Southern Cross and Motueka hops.
-- Twisted Hop Oatmeal Stout (20L) -- family connection here as we drained 20L of this at my grandmother's wake a few years back
Tap:
-- Invercargill Smokin Bishop (50L)

Should be enough for 100 people (probably about 60 beer drinkers), even if some of them are NZ's biggest guzzlers. If not, there is always Bar Edward next door!
None of your own beer Stu - I'm stunned ?
that's the way i roll, as the adults trying to be cool (like the kids) would say
I roll too Stu, but it takes a few pints ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service