Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pitch Black is an amazing beer .. 10/10 ..

8 or 9 /10 for me - I'd like it a little drier - not complaining though - I couldn't do better myself !
I'm a sweet Stout man so that's probably why I like it so much...not that it is particularly sweet.
You're right, it's very, very good.
Prefered it over the Harringtons - says on the label it's got roast barley in there - which was very choccy
You might like Tuatara Porter then JT... Thaose two beers are the two that most often shock me with how good they are. I don't drink them for a couple of months and then BANG!!! How could I have ignored you so long, my darling....
Thanks for the suggestion Stu - I haven't tried this one for awhile
Granwick Ginger Beer - from Foxton
bought a bottle at the market in Tawa by moore wilsons, a gusher but pleasant when it poured.
more notable for the recycled heiniken bottle and coopers homebrew cap

pitch black - harringtons clydesdale stout - a few homebrews
Emerson Brewers Reserve Hoppiest Indian. Choice
Heineken :o/ I actually almost threw up in my mouth, if i were to give flavour descriptors my first would be soap, followed by a skunked twang and the slightest hint of pils malt... Yuck!!
Drinking ?

698, it's my rip off beer.
It's Pickup Pale, rip off of Jo's Pickwell Pale name
Rip off #2 Cascade at 20 10 & 1, dry hopped too.
Nice malty balance, I used some MO and Munich in with the malturop, moderate to low bitterness (coming out more as the keg conditions) but lots of cascade flavour
Rip off # 3 is the big dose of caramalt - subbed for carared - but not as much

cheers chap, that was a great recipe of yours, I'll tweak it again sometime soon
Is that US or NZ cascade jt?
NZ Cascade JP - possibly another sub
Oh, and the gravity was 1.040 .. scaled down from the original recipe Jo posted
Blonde Becks for me tonight. Loving the Global Cologne malt. Centennial are a little bit subdued, but with a few tweaks this could be a great summer rebrew or even a spring babe

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service