Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quite easily the best beer I've had out of a can.
Beer out of a can is all good, I dont even think I added it in my blog but Virgin America had Die Hard IPA or something on their flights, and it was truely awesome!!

Now we just need some NZ companys to start using cans, I reckon as a long term investment its a good idea, think about it, reduced shipping costs, easier storage, beer stays fresher longer and isnt exposed to light! Not to mention cans being cheaper than bottles - I guess what puts people off is a canning machine which no doubt costs heaps and then some... I know Leigh Sawmill have one but still have to can all their beers individually!!!! Bugger that
Yeah plus theirs is at risk of oxidation/contamination too, as they fill the cans out in the open, then pop the top on with the machine.
Reckon a fully vacuum-sealed (airless) can filling machine would be hella expensive.
"Reckon a fully vacuum-sealed (airless) can filling machine would be hella expensive."

Surely tho it wouldnt be all that much more than a bottling plant? I guess the only way people acquire bottling plants tho is when they are second hand yeah?

I think thats the advantage alot of these US micros have, even the tiny ones have small bottling plants, where as in NZ we just dont have access to that kind of equipment for a reasonable price - look at Mikes, still bottling with a 4 bottle counter pressure filler, and a single bottle hand capper?????? That to me is simply crazy, if it wasnt for kegging i wouldve probably given up brewing and thats from bottling 20 litres, let alone over 100!!
you and me both bro.

LOLing at
In fact I've heard hops are genetic clones of Chuck Norris's nads.
You don't need it to be completely airless. Even commercials ones aren't. They use C02 to flush out the air and then flush nitrogen or co2 over the top of the beer just as the lid is applied as seamed.
Hahahaha @ chuck norris, awesome stuff Andrew!!

How much different are the canning machines to the bottling machines Andrew? You should see if you can sneak some of us in for an unofficial tour ;o) lol
Bottling machines and canning machines use the same principle. They seal the top of the can/bottle, apply some counter pressure (this stops fobbing), fill it with Co2, fill with beer then it goes to the capper/seamer. In bottling you don't flush the top of the beer with gas, just put on the top but in canning the surface area of the beer is bigger so you flush some gas over it just before the lid is applies.
If you had the inclination you could build home brew bottler easily. just buy a brew gun type gadget, get some thing to use as a bung at the top of the bottle and add another connection for co2 to purge the bottle before filling.
That can looks truely retro. It should have a picture of Chuck Norris on a Harley on it instead of some hops! As much as I love hops, Chuck Norris could whip em'. In fact I've heard hops are genetic clones of Chuck Norris's nads.
21st Amendment Brewery's "Brew Free or Die" IPA is the beer on Virgin America flights. Oh for something similar here!
Thats the one Martin, an awesome beer too, savage bitterness, if only they gave you an actual glass to enjoy it out of, but I guess thats being picky haha
Hydrometer sample of the late hopped brown, 1.040 version.
More malt, less bitterness, more flavour than the full on version, it's biting my cheeks later than that did
I think it's just going to be a flavoursome ale

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service