Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"less discernable helping of Super Alpha"

Do you get much of a metallic note off the SA jt?? Ive allways found a lingering metallic bitterness in all of the beers that ive used SA for bittering, never even dreamed of using it late tho, I think I still have 50 odd grams lying around that I will probably never, ever use! haha
bittering

nah, this was @10 minutes or so.
I don't recall anything metallic about super alpha.

Late I tended to get spicey pine needle
"spicey pine needle"

Interesting... Sounds sorta Columbus'ish
The Pale was much as I feared, a bit sweet and a little thin
Could've done wit ha tad more bittering but the later hops are heading in the right direction
Work in progress I think
carrots were delicious Mr T
You should get those boys out in the garden Mr M, get their hands dirt(ier)y and plant some

This southerly won't be doing much for those sunflowers though, fine specimens that they are, if only they had another week or two of good Welly weather under their belt ...
Just sampling my first ever Moa Harvest. I really like this beer. Refreshing wheat beer with cherries, bananas & almonds (or maybe that's just the cherry flavour).

In case you haven't noticed, I'm going through a Moa phase at the moment. These Moa beers are tempting me to move to the dark side and brew a lager!!!
Hiya Mr Cherry, pleased you are enjoying our beers. I left the dark side when I left the corporate brewing world and entered the craft world! Watch this space for some crazy stuff from us at Moa!
Budweiser...

Interestingly enough, it does taste better in NZ than the US. I think the US version is somewhere around 3.5, and 4.9% in NZ.

Having said this, I can tell why I never really like this beer. There is not much flavor.
it does taste better in NZ than the US

Or is your memory just getting hazier ?
I think the international version has a bit more flavor and alcohol. However, this really does not help the taste any. This is a damn shame...I cannot look any of my old mates in the eye...
"Budweiser..."

I thought it was still imported and not BUL?

No doubt when im on the Princess Cruises boat I wont have much choice over Bud and Millers :o( I think ill move to bourbon or whisky haha

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service