Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn. Another HM2009 bites the dust

yep, you reckoned I probably couldn't hold out for the Northern Brewers and you were right.
I do feel a tad guilty, but on the other hand, very satisfied
Don't ever feel guilty, deep down it was a beer no one ever wanted to share! :P
Begs the question, how much would you be prepared to pay for a HM'09...? or any obsolete NZ beer...?
how much would you be prepared to pay for a HM'09...?

Nothing now, don't need anymore, it's out of season, time to move on.

An unscheduled stop at the parrot & Jigger last night for a renaissance discovery on the guest tap.
I'll be back ...
don't need anymore, it's out of season

A man after my own heart JT... one band said "everybody else is doing it so why can't we?" but I always said that HM will be a different style every year...
Yep, I struggled over this at the start but have now accepted HM2009 is history and time to let the legend be. I will however, one day, replicate the beer in my own brewhaus. Maybe a task to set for the Northern Brewers Spring release...
don't worry too much... we've got a keg beer coming in winter that might satisfy you
Found a stray bottle of my case swap Pink Frost in amongst a case of Nonces Revenge. Having determined that sexual abuse counseling wasn't required I'm now drinking it and rather enjoying it. Age has improved it methinks
Couple of beers with Martin Bridges last night. First up his mild, a beauty. Then his Belgian pale. I had to have another. Spectacular. Then he generously shared a bottle of Nerdherder with me as I'd not yet had it. We both thought B rather than D, either way YUM. Then a quick swig of his WBC Saison. Pretty flawless. You guys might be in trouble Saturday.

Cheers Martin.
Mate, it was my pleasure. Good to see you, and thanks (as always) for the feedback on the beers.

I'm pretty happy with that Belgian Pale. Why is it that all my bitsa beers turn out great, better than ones where I spend ages crafting a recipe??
Three Boys Golden Ale...

Tonight was the first time I had this beer.

I went to a little place near my office for a meeting, and was pleasantly surprised. The beer came out of the tap, and I did not taste a number of different malts in it, but definitely tasted that distinct Sauvin flavor. Gorgeous.

This was a lovely, simple, well-brewed beer.
Three Boys Golden Ale for me tonight also and I'm finding it a little metallic/bloody.

I've had quite a few of these over the past few weeks. I can appreciate the simple nature of this beer but I'm starting to find it a little lacking in the malt department and I think I need a break from Sauvin as a flavour & aroma hop. I'll stick with it for bittering though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service