Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad I'm not completely mad (or, at least, the only one mad)...

These updates from @thornbridgekel on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/13pqzj Trying Mata Feijoa beer. Great Feijoa character with little sweetness. Dry and fragrant. Yum!

Back at the Coach, 42 hours since I last saw a bed. These beers made it back from NZ http://twitpic.com/14q1mu @yeastieboys @EpicBeer
Yeah, but he also liked Tui. 'Nuff said! Still... dry... I guess I'll have to try it again.
"but he also liked Tui."

Definately renders any opinion invalid :oP lol

But yeah, I definately found it dry as well Greig - are you sure you tried the right beer?
I tried it a few weeks after it came out. Might have been first batch syndrome I guess. But I tried it stone cold sober too, and my overriding memory was a sweet feijoa-only beer. Will give it another crack soon and report back.
I will laugh if you become a convert!!
he never said he liked it - just that it had less fruit ester than montieth's (which he liked)

Still... it's only your own opinion that really counts, isn't it? No beer facists around here. I've said I like Stella and you guys can say all you like about that.
"Still... it's only your own opinion that really counts, isn't it? "

Absolutely, but its fun to hassle ;o)

And I also have liked Stella when I didnt have a choice, Stella or NZ draught style beer is a simple decision I reckon! I also find Stella isnt carbed to like 5 volumes or whatever highly carbed NZ draughts are at...
I am with you on this Greg...

Monteith's Radler is not bad for a drink, in the same way a wine cooler may not be bad.

I just wouldn't call it a beer either. :)
From memory the comment I made when I rated it was along the lines of "watery and tastes like it's been filtered through old socks from someone who trod on a feijoa". It smelt kind of like feijoas (which I love, by the way) but didn't have enough flavour - either of fruit or of beer - to be successful in my book.

To me it's a beer that I'd purchase once for novelty value, but I'd definitely never buy it again. Guess that leaves more for the people who like it!
"Guess that leaves more for the people who like it!"

Thats an awfull lot of beer for Stu to drink by himself tho ;o) haha
Coopers Original Pale Ale

Tastes a little yeasty, not an awful yeasty flavour, but a bit yeasty.

For some reason it reminds of me of Coors Banquet beer, except for the yeasty bit.
Coopers Sparkling Ale

OK...not a flash beer by any stretch of the imagination. Still not a bad drop for sitting and watching TV.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service