Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fridge certainly beat the cellar in regards to aging that beer.

I've got one left myself, waiting for the right moment to pop the top - sounds like I should drop it in the fridge then ?
yeh... although another contributing factor may have been the fact that the second bottle mentioned (was actually anniversary Monday, not Thursday) was shared between 2, as opposed to my last bottle (the Thursday/cellar one) which was shared between 6!
So the more you have the better it tastes ?
to a degree... don't want to head into diminishing returns
Townshend- Old house ESB. Just supping along here. A really fine example. This is the first Townshend I've had. Bottle conditioned, it really is smooth and an easy to drink beer.
I had one on Saturday night. I would have sworn they'd used S04!
you reckon, Mr. C? :p
Sunday I went up to Rotorua for the night, Had an Armageddon, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Three Boys Golden and a couple of home brews before going to the Underground Bar, but the bastarding place closed!! They said they were open from 4pm but no luck!! We were gutted!! The worse thing about it was that there was no other decent place to get a beer!! The Belgian beer cafe was shit! No stock! So we all had to reside down the road drinking some over sweet cider. We did however manage to get to have a Croucher Pale Ale, but were honestly unimpressed probably didn't help having the above 3 beers and my Pale Ale but hey, Whats a man to do! Here's a tip if your going to say your open be open and don't stuff up people who travel 500kms to come to your establishment!!
Hey Mike,

Don't be too hard on them. It sounds like a really rough time is being had, and they need our support, not a good caning: http://theundergroundbar.blogspot.com/2010/02/underground-bar-has-h...

Sucky, huh?
Mate that is pretty grim!! But to Mikes defence, a sign on the door would have probably helped? ;oP
Yeah I totally understand and to my defence I would of not of stayed in Rotorua had I known that they were not of open I just managed to catch them at that point that is explained per there blog. I hope they do open again as will return!! Im back up there in May so heres hoping!!
Yeah, we're not too sure what's to happen with the SOBA Auckland (and Hamilton) weekend away, of which a big night at Underground was a planned feature. Martin is currently rearranging. He's a legend, that man.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service