Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont hate it but its just a little sleepy for me, Its malty, hoppy estery balanced and just plain drinkable which bores me see it just aint a challange in a glass if you know what I mean guv!!
Had a wee christmas party with a few friends and as many kids. Good times.

Eastie Boy's Motueka Bitter - Really enjoying this beer... it's about 3.5% and really quite gutsy. WLP002 is good. The Caramunich II is really holding its own in there and Motueka is becoming my friend, it's a good complex hop in malty beers.

Emerson's Bookbinder - It took me until the end of the third half pint to realise how much I was enjoying the beer and then it was gone. A little too hoppy to be at its best but it's still a bloody good beer way out in a class of its own. Thanks for the rigger Jed.

Nerdherder (bottle) - fuckin' brutal for 4.8%. Reckon I might be quite fond of this beer by the end of Jan.

Everyone left and I had a couple of bottles of PKB (Remixed). We watched the end of the first season of The Wire. I've got to say: it's not up to what I'd been led to believe it would be.

Bottled some Eastie Boy's Pacifica Ordinary Summer - there's a story there but it's to go in the case swap thread.

More Motueka Bitter. If I wasn't so ready for bed I'd head down to the cellar for another glass...

I had a Renaissance Perfection last night. I've had a few over the last few weeks. +Damn!!!+ It'll be in the frame when I think about my top ten beers of the year... might just miss, as there's a little shallowness in the malt that leaves it short of meeting its self-proclaimed goal, but it's a bloody good beer.
Anyone seen the Anniversary Guinness mentioned in the Dom Post magazine yesterday. Just checked a few local stores webpages and nothing listed
The Anniversary Guunness is all over the show at Countdown and Woolworth's down here in Nelson...they have at least 20% off all beer Nationwide at the moment. Thought about getting some but it's just too hot at the moment. Got some Budvar, Leffe Blonde and though I swore off it - some Mac's - as I couldn't go past it at under $10 a 6-pack.
Ok, thanks Christian
The 250th anniversary Guinness? It's thin, watery and barely roasty. A terrible 'stout'.
The 250th anniversary Guinness?

It tastes like Guinness used to - before it was nitrogenised and smoothed to a silky paste.
Friday night trip to Welly for a friends Birthday at Hashigo Zake
Nerdherder- Awesome
Rewired- Tasting really good, hops have really come through
Twisted Hop Challenger- bit tired, end of the keg
Dog Fish Head 60min IPA- So fresh, contender for beer of the night
Townsend ESB- One of the first pints out of the bag, pretty damn good.
Sierra Nevada Torpedo- Not as good as the dog fish head,
Marsedous- I had 2 sips of this and realised I had 10 min to ride my bike through the rain back to the train (just as well!) passed to my firend and raced out the door.

Just made it, and proceeded to fall straight asleep only to come to as the train eased in to Carterton.
15 min bike ride home into the teeth of a howling North west gale. Home, soaked, shower, bed, sleep.
Awake 630am to baby sit children..... Feeling much better today, so much so I brewed two beers.
Sounds like a fantastic weekend. You da man bro!
Damn fine effort Tony. I can imagine that ride up to your place. and I don't need to imagine the 0630 start!

ps. I've still not recovered your Back 2 Mine off Steph and Jonny who have been "looking after it" since the WBC day. I'll try and get it before Xmas, so I've got some more sounds to listen to over the break...
Yes, my trips to Wellington aren't as frequent as I like so I need to make them count. The ride home has a deceptive incline, fortunately I was distracted.

Good to see the tunes are in safe hands... obviously a suitable training soundtrack for their beer options conquest.
I've ridden up that way a few times... though I've only ever had the pleasure of the last bit (up your road and your wobbly driveway) by car.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service