Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great night last night at Pomeroys with Luke presenting his line up. Epic Lager, Epic Pale Ale, Epic Armageddon, Epic Mahem and Epic Porter - an Epic night out! Fantastic to have 3 Epic beers on tap now in Christchurch. Good to catch up with some of the RealBeer team in person, James, Nathan and Ally. Thanks Luke for a really interesting talk, and thanks to the team at Poms for a great venue and hosting!
I have to second the excellent night that Luke, Craig B, and Pomeroy's put on for us, and meeting another CHCH brewer (Nick).

Looking forward to the Emerson's tasting when it gets organised!
Epic Porter Is that new? Any good?
It was last made in 2007, and it was at the end of it's self life in my opinion.... still f***en good two years on.

I found the porter and mayhem both produce very malty (treacle / golden syrup) tastes, but given their age it was not about the aroma any more!
I think Luke said that he will be making another batch of Porter ready for next winter season.
Great news!
When it was young and fresh it was probably more of an American Stout (in my opinion) - lots of grassy dry hop, just a little citrus, very roasty and very dry in the finish. Really nice.

I remember trying it side by side with Sierra Nevada's Porter and Stout at Galbraith's one evening... with a Luke and a few old school realbeerers (a pre-champ Barry Hannah and Grandmaster Sam were there - i think also Grant O'Callaghan and Ian Ramsay). Funnily enough it was around this time that I first served PKB to the public (my first homebrewed batch, at a SOBA homebrew event - at that time it was imaginatively called "Stu McKinlay's American Porter").

Ah, the realbeer/SOBA memories...
I have a new fondness for Liberty and Santiam hops..... going dry hump hop them....
Not as good as it tasted at the top (or near the top) of a mountain ;o) lol

Good times...
Tasted better, as it would have been shite if I out of breath to take a sip, or my arse crack was sweaty..... not sure where that will go...
lol, mmm, arse sweat ;oP
Cheers boys - glad you enjoyed it. Pomeroys are a keen and willing crew to work with so any ideas or suggestions for tastings/events or what's on taps just let us know.

Cheers...CB
Founders Fair Maiden- It tastes a little different to last time I had it almost 6 months. Possibly a touch sweeter and the hops I think have been reassessed. Tastes really good. It was my beer of the summer last year (along with Rodenbach Grand Cru) and its looking good again.

3 boys Oyster Stout with dinner

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service