Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JT - Yeh its only been a week in the keg, so I shouldnt be so impatient, but like you say its supposed to drop like cement, and when I was kegging it it was fairly clear...

Hmmm, I hope some brett wasnt hiding in my transfer line - I was supposed to get another one after I did the old ale but never bothered, I could pay for it I guess...
Nice bit of Kapiti camembert. Porter Noir worked well.

Probably shouldn't have had the Stone IPA afterwards though. Delicious beer (like sticking my head in a hopsack) but led to me falling asleep on the sofa and don't feel too flash this morning.
Got a bit silly tonight.
Wicked Elf APA
Rogue Dead Guy
Mac's Gold (the 'best' the sports bar had, brutal boxing match though).
Mikkeller Jackie Brown
Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA
Flying Dog Gonzo Porter
Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin IPA
Townshend No. 9 Stout
Green Flash West Coast IPA

A wonderful night of sharing great beers with my mates.
Winners on the night were Mikkller Nelson Sauvin IPA and Green Flash West Coast(with a cigar).
Last night was

Plan K
Galbraiths Pride of Westminster
His Majesty

accompanying pan-fried scotch fillet served with a Pot Kettle Black jus. Delicious!
How did you find the Warminster, Sam?
Right between the Grafton Porter and the Bitter & Twisted :)

Just went on earlier in the week - took a flagon home. Was very good. Might have to go back again this week just to make sure though ;)
Had the last bottle of Pink Panther last night (my home brewed Raspberry Wheat Beer). I'm really gonna miss that beer :-( It was my first attempt at fruit beer and I really enjoyed every bottle. I've only brewed a couple of beers this year that I've been really sad to see the end of, but this has definately been one of them. Might have to plan another fruit beer for summer...
Sunday Before the Final its wet and cold so the theme is Black!!

Emersons Bourbon Porter
Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter
Old Rausptin
My 2BlackIPA
The last glass of the APA that I was going to enter for the Wellington Brewers Conference competition. Pity I hadn't bottled my entry yet :-( I must get some of those stick-on keg guages from the States.
six-60-nine - not so blande ale Mk VIII - Super Alpha @ 60, Hallertau @ 30 & 15, cascade & motueka @ 1
Drinking the bottles I'd bottle primed and it's great - way better than the keg - much more flavour, great aroma.
The keg is definitely second best here, I suspect that it's the carbonation

Joking - any feedback on the batch that went north for the engagement - I think you had a similar hop combo in that ?

My last bottle of Belgian Rye :o( Man, is this good! Massive bubblegum aroma as I poured it into the glass, and even tho i bottled from the keg months ago its gained a wee bit of carbonation.. The spicy rye aroma still comes through at the end.. Tastes just devine, so smooth, slightly oily mouthfeel, damn drinkable and just awesome!!! So sad to see this one go, ill be savouring the bottle
man that tabletop needs some work ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service