Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Epic PA from the rigger thanks to the good folks at Poms
I just tried drinking an Old Speckled Hen.... and i thought it was pretty yuck to be honest, couldn't finish it. Other than that i tried some Little Creatures pale ales and thought they were good but for 24 bucks a 6 pack, it was a bit steep and not as good as Epic pale ale i thought. And now im cranking my second batch brewed from a kit, its been in the bottles for 6 weeks and ain't tasting too bad. Probly bout the same as any cheap beer which is a little dissapointing but it's still cool cos i made it
Was the speckled hen in a bottle or on tap?? English ales arent for everyone, but chances are if its in a bottle it would have suffered quite a bit on the way over here, could be the case if its on tap as well unfortunately...

And I agree Little Creatures has nothing on Epic, apparantly it used to be alot hoppier but someones stinged out and its gone down hill and more commercial - Luke, can you promise us that will never happen to Epic? :o)
It was out of a bottle. I just didnt like it at all. My mate gave me the bottle cos he didnt like it either, and i said i would try it.
Probly bout the same as any cheap beer which is a little dissapointing but it's still cool cos i made it

Yea, but it was probably half the price.

You can brew a great beer for the same as any cheap beer - which is priceless - just takes some work and patience
Yeah that is true, i got 25 750 ml bottles out of the batch that cost me aound 40 i think? so its at least half price, so thats wicked. Im pretty stoked actually haha.
Struis.. by Brouwerij ’t IJ (Any idea on how it is pronounced?).. Look at how cool the brewery looks.. (Large Image)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Brouwerij_%27t_I...

What did I think.. I really enjoyed it.. Its 9% ABV with a port / fruit aroma.

Daniel
Yeah, I bet that windmill works great as a march pump!
The "ay" brewery, I think.
Tonight I started off with an import - well not one of my own beers, which is unusual.
A while back Stu was unexpectedly in the neighbourhood so I thrust a bottle of each of the available KC clones into his hands.

The emptied and refilled bottles arrived back the other day tucked up in my grain order.

I picked the bottle with the cap marked BP which I took to be Belgian Pale.
Now I don't usually stray too far from the Anglo / American ales so this was a bit of an adventure, In search of extra sensory stimulation and themed entertainment but not having any Belgian ompah music, I thought I'd have it while watching some Tintin - ok I ended up with the Black Island which is not too Belgian after all, but the thought was there

OK, scene set, how was the beer ?

Well ok, so that's a Belgian, that's good, not sure if I appreciated the subtleties but it was good to stretch the tastebuds a little. maybe I'll have the dubbel tomorrow with the Destination Moon & Explorers on the Moon double
that was 100% weyermann extract JT - did it taste extracty? I think I've got a bottle or two left.
Yes it did, but I thought you'd gone heavy on the candi sugar - I'm not a Belgian fan Stu.

Though I had a wee flicker of a past brew that prompted a look back in the brew folder and came up with the result.

My first partial mash Ord bitter, got very similar tasting notes in the first Brewnz HB comp. I was as Style ignorant then as I am now ...

Grain milled, hops weighed, six-seventy-something ready to go bright & early tomorrow morning

cheers, jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service