Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you drinkining??? Far to much,

3 Boys Oyster Stout
Emersons London Porter
Yeastie Boys Plan K
3 Boys Golden 2009
Sierra Nevada Porter
Sierra Nevada Stout
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Tornado IPA

Lovin the 1st 3rd and the 4th but I have have tasted better home brew in the last week than all of rest in the last week and I dont have to pay $6 a bottle. My rippe for the week
Hey Stu. Queensland, probably the perfect destination for a post beervana holiday. Curiously I find though Queenslanders are much more accepting of a low alcohol beer, Coopers Mild, Rogers, even cascade/boags light is very common. Must be the weather.
Something about Coopers Sparkling and the Australian climate though, its like the gin & tonic for the sub-tropics.
I loved the Bright Ale!!!! One of the best slender summer ales I have tried!!!
After a huge day in the garage brewing a Decocted Hefe, Im had

West Coast IPA
West Coast Hop Head Red

Now the Drinking Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel!!! WOWZERS!!!!!!
Green Flash Imperial IPA - tasty, a little 'old' but still really good.

Then the missus' mate came round so had a few samplers between the three of us. My HB'd - NZPA, aIPA, bourbon vanilla porter, raspberry porter, and then the first tasting of my Flander's red out of the fermenter - tasty, sour, a nice touch of acetic character, extremely dry but still a nice malt presence, took a pH reading - 3.8, would wanna give this another 6 months I reckon. Am thinking of splitting 5L off and aging on fruit and another 5L on dry hops and bottle the other 10, decisions, decisions aye.

Those two took off to some party so it's HB'd IPA and online poker for me for the rest of tonight.
Green Flash Imperial IPA - had this also tonight, good.

Decisions? I would go fruit now if your going to leave it for another six months.
Just had an email from Mr Daniel Parker saying Green Flash IIPA was bottled 29th July.

Might be so, but at the end of the day this beer was tasting tired. Was a tasty beer all day long but have had 'hoppier'/fresher IPAs let alone IIPAs. No offence Mr Beerstore, have spent a lot of money there and will definitely continue to do so in search of that 'perfect pint', but will always speak what I think is true about a beer - no matter what store it comes from.

How are these beers shipped here? I'm assuming by sea? If they're airfreighted (which I kinda doubt) due to some nasty big temperature fluctuations would kinda explain some of the 'fresh' hoppy beers coming off a bit old - stories from a mate who worked at airnz in cargo with frozen dogs arriving when shipped in the wrong part of the plane ring a bell here.

Decisions? Plan is to make the move when the pellicle drops - will probably bottle 10L (or the whole 20) or do the split - see what happens, I'm in no rush with this baby and will take it as it comes.
Went to Dead Good Beer Events last night in Nelson, Great selection of beers tried, 666 Brewery Gabriel & Roulette, Founders Show Hopper, Monkey Wizard Wheatleys, Green Man IPA & Brew Moon Hophead IPA. Great beer and great night. Got to meet and talk to Graeme from 666 which was great too.
My head hurts - should've had half pints and more food. Man those hops in the 666 beers were intense! Plus the Show Hopper was quite amazing - smelt just like a certain herb related to hops. I was looking forward to the Hophead but was a bit dissapointed as it didn't taste anything like when I tried it from the bottle a few weeks ago - couldn't taste the Cascade but my tastebuds were probably wasted from the Gabriel.
Im glad all those hops put into the beer weren't wasted! Loved the Show Hopper too....
Any word on when 666 will be making its way to Auckland???

Super keen to try some of your beers!
Working on getting more produced but these things take time - especially when the 'day job' gets in the way!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service