Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fermented it with 1968 thanks to the Drunken Pope boys.

I can understand your comments about the body and given that I now have a calibrated thermometer I should be hitting 68 instead of 65! I always wondered why my beers were always thin, and even my lagers were a little thinner than I expected.

Time to pull up my socks and get my gear sorted properly!

PS thanks for the feedback!
yeah I thought it was good old 1968 and its funny you got it from the drunken pope because your beer had that same aniseed thing that I got out of their oatmeal stout and the same acidic twang, things that I never really get from 68 and I use it all the time... maybe its the chch water...

This is the beast. It looks like 'The mill Draught' re-lablelled. They put it in 'beer balls'. Here is the 'description': The Rock enlisted the help of The Mill to bring you The Rock Beer. Its full strength Cold, Fresh, 4% draught beer - malty in flavour, with a hop influence and a real bloke’s beer. It comes in a 800 ml bottle! Grab some now for ONLY $2.99. Terrible grammar.
This bloke ain't going near it...
Just had my St. Feuillien- Brune, last night.

A clear, golden/brown colour (~13-14 SRM). Had a really effervescent, sparkly nose just after opening and on the tongue. A smokey/malty palate at the front, followed by citrus and a bit of sultana/fruitiness at the back. A smooth, malty finish, with that typical Trappist sweetness.

4 more to go, which I will consume at various stages, when the mood allows.

NB. My buy of the week, Grolsch imports, flip cap. 6 pack, $12 at New World.
Copious pints of my 'Extra' Oatmeal Stout, in a Guiness pint glass stolen from London in 1987, whilst listening to scratchy old Dubliners records, in memory of my old man who passed on a year ago today.

It's a lovely drop which has mellowed remarkably over 2 months.
Where do I start, Sierra Nevada Pale ale, Samuel Adams Bosatyon lager, |London Pride, Chiswick bitter and 3 from the Wenlock arms that I can't remember.

Roll on day 3 of my drinking adventure.
ah yes, the Wenlock Arms, now there's a "local"
what do you mean by there's a "local" - good or bad?

I was amazed at the smell in the toilet and the number of toilet lollies they used there so had to take a photo. Must say I had a couple of very excellent pints there
all good!! very well kept ales.

was also some old lady on the piano once when we were there - all the "locals" were getting into it.

i must admit, i never did take stock of the toilet lollies. sounds like an excuse for a revisit some time (like I need one)...
i bet it was the same old lady on the piano when I was there, it was getting a bit loud and annoying as it was to end at 8.30pm but was getting progressively more raucous as the evening went on. not so good when you are just looking for a few quiet pints. maybe if i too had been there all day i would have been up on the piano with the air guitar.

agreed the pints were in good condition, even the beers that weren't good beers
Had the second bottle from my Belgian collection, last night.

Karmeliet Tripel- OH MY GOD! What a wonderful example of a Belgian Triple, that's all I can say.

Smooth, creamy texture front to back. That typical mouthfeel and sweetness, one comes to expect, from this style. Toffee, caramel, with a hint of herb on the nose and on the palate. Well carbonated with a good head. At 8.4%, it didn't taste like it but it sure felt like it. It amazes me how these guys brew such a fine tasting, high alcohol beer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service