Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just had a 3 Boys- Oyster stout. It is quite simply superb!. I think I may have found a new favourite stout. Dry, complex, nutty, roasty, smooth, ahh, it just goes on.
Its on tap at pomeroys too, so you'll be sorted next Saturday for something to drink!
And you Ally?? How about Ged, Crabbey Herschnapps, Mick, Will et al?

Currently drinking Blonde Joke version 2.... I think I preferred version 1 for aroma but this is pretty good for a night on it with the brother in law...
I'll be there, tho not drinking 3 boys Oyster at 1pm - Tuatara Helles will be making an appearance too, chatting with them tonight its thru the back and waiting for thirsty mouths Jimmy, you and Crabbeys will be rapt. I was looking for something with more hopes

Not sure exactly when and can't promise a big one at this stage but it'll be good to catch up with y'all and discuss our brewing adventures
Excellent, I'm coming in on the red eye, so I hope you are going to be entertaining. ;p
That is excellent news, have to give CB a pat on the back!

I may give 3 boys a miss, not an oyster fan...
It's been a very very Beery weekend for me. I just love coming up to Auckland and getting stuck in to what the beer world has to offer up here. So far I've had...

Statesman and Copper Tart at Hallertau - I'm pleased to say that I am tasting US Cascade and Amarillo in the Statesman now. This is fantastic news!

Various vintages of Epic Pale Ale and Lager.
Epic Porter - shit this is really aging well. It is better than I remember it.
Epic Mayhem 2006 - aged to this massive ball of chewy malt... I think Stu might even like this one! I managed to score myself half a dozen bottles of this stuff!

CASK CONDITIONED EPIC PALE ALE FROM EVERARDS IN ENGLAND!!!!

I am so happy to have been able to get a taste of this beer. Those Poms really dont realise how lucky they were to have so much of this available to them. I cant wait to see the NZ version get its dose of Maris Otter. AWESOME... I got the 1st pour from the cask... AND the last!!!!!

And on a sad note... In toasting Poppys birth at the WBC, I poured the last glass of Naked Poppy IIPA ever. The keg is empty, and there are no bottles left. Martin Bridges got the last glass! Funnily enough - he had 2 of them, and Greig got none... poor bugger - He was really looking forward to it as well!

Thanks again to all you guys for sacrificing your tastebuds for toasting with me! It was great fun!
Naked Poppy was awesome Joseph, a privilege to be able to have a taste and a toast.

As for the rest of the afternoon, cheers to Luke for the (almost) Complete Works of Epic Brewing all in one afternoon. Awesome to get our dirty little mits on the one and only micro-cask outside of Britain.

Good times, great beer. Cheers everyone.
I think Stu might even like this one!

I've liked them all... prefer it to Epic Pale Ale... but prefer Monk's Habit to either (it's been a while though).

And I liked the Porter too. Would love to try it again soon.

Shit you guys sound like you had one lucky afternoon!
and Greig got none...

I was too busy talking complete bollocks to notice it being opened! I did get a wee taste. It was delicious.
My Belgian Bruin. Its nice but much more bitter then it should be. I used a 60min addition of Sauvin to get 25IBUs but it must be over 30. They did smell super fresh when I opened the bag, positively intoxicating. However, it works fine, the sauvin does provide a certain "softer" bitterness if that makes sense.
Tuatara Helles. I wasn't expecting a whole lot to be honest, despite Tuatara turning out some tasty stuff, but its nice. I'd drink it again even. And then again. Good beer

Now on to the Nut Brown Rogue. Celebrating a five-a-side win. Doesn't happen often in Div 1 mens

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service