Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds superb mate - happy birthday.

I was lucky enough to be in Manchester from 88-92, at the peak of the Madchester era, and then in London through the early 90s when Britpop was kicking off big style. It has certainyl had a big influence on my musical tastes which are now wide and diverse.
I caught the end of Madchester with Renegade Soundwave... a fantastic sweaty mess of a gig. not The Roses or The Mondays but awesome all the same.
Actually, your right, Blur weren't that bad, I listened to park life a few weeks back and it stands up quite well, history won't be so kind to Oasis I suspect. Leisure, I actually own that, I should dust it off, I really liked the track Sing, as good as anything they've done.

I did see the Stone Roses in 95, pre-implosion, they weren't talking to each other but it was great. I find it hard to go past Jarvis though, such wit in those lyrics.
Funny you mention "Sing". I just finished a "Under The Influence"/"Back To Mine" compilation 'case swap' with some friends and that song is on there. The entire Leisure album is fantastic though... definitely one of my favourites. Anyway, here's me track listing:

Death of a Disco Dancer - The Smiths
Nothing Vol 1 - David Kilgour
The Crane Wife 3 - The Decemberists
I Got You - Wilco
The 'In' Crowd - Bryan Ferry
Strange Times - The Black Keys
Sing - Blur
Digital - Joy Division
Beer for Breakfast - The Replacements
Thank You for Sending Me an Angel - Talking Heads
Hot Hot Hot!!! - The Cure
Howyoudoin? - Renegade Soundwave
Triumph of a Heart - Bjork
Veronika - Tricky
Silicon Valley - Electroids
Your Lovin' is on my Mind - Paul Kelly
Looking Glass - The La's
Gone for Good - Morphine
Nice selection. you should recommend to me a David Kilgour album as I haven't heard any but I do know he made an album with some dudes from Lambchop who I love. If you haven;t already you should check them out, particularly Is a Woman, or What another man spills, but its all pretty solid.
Aw thanks fullas. I often wonder now why Captain Haddock wasn't into his abbey beers, but instead continued that Belgian facination with Scotland. Loch Lomond didn't look like high quality single malt either.
My Belgian Stout, Very intresting!
Belgian Stout? Would you brew it again?
Would I brew It again? Yeah for Sure!! stay tuned!!
finished a mac's hop rocker pils earlier. currently drinking a black and tan made with Green Man Bitter and Stout. More green man on deck with the Lager and Keller in the fridge.
So, tonight started with a couple of Tuatara Pale ales in the office, followed by a boycott-breaking couple of Monteiths Lagers (I am so ashamed, but I was thirsty and the office fridge had nothing decent left). Then I redeemed myself with a trek up the hill to Galbraiths, where I found a cask of dry-hopped Salisbury Plains Ale on the bar, and Ian Ramsay still brewing behind the glass. A few pints and a good natter later I meandered down the hill to the bus, which took me home to a keg of my Mild. Still tasting a bit yeasty (not Yeastie, sadly) but cleared up nicely. The wife seems to think I am a little fresh. What does she know?

I look forward to seeing some of the Auckland boys at Hallertau tomorrow, where my Red Irish Lord will carry all before it. I have decided on what style to suggest if I come last though, just in case.

M
A pinch of Harrington's Heritage Dark, a dash of Tuatara Ardennes, then a handfull of Chimay Cinq Cents.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service