Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ive been thinking recently that dried spray malt is excessively overpriced here in NZ and seeing as the only brand that we can seem to get anywhere is Brewcraft for half a kg at $10!!!!!

Ive found a place in Aussie that sells a 20kg bag of dried spray malt for $101AUD plus postage, which works out to $2.75AUD per KG!!! Massive savings!!!

Wondering if we could get enough people to do an order? I mean, if we got 10 people after 2kg, its only gonna cost about $6aussie dollars plus shared postage, waaaaaay better than $20 per kg!!!

Any takers? Let me know.

Cheers

Views: 795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are correct, however as he stated above the supplier is offering a 20KG bag for $72.80AUD = $3.64AUD per KD or $4.70NZD per kilo. Add to that freight and you have the final price per kilo.

Maybe try Mainfreight? They do NZ<->AUS seafreight. Even if freight is $50NZ, that puts it at $7.20NZD, less than half the price.
Yeah but keep in mind the final price will include covering postage costs, im not looking to make a profit or anything, but im definately not planning on losing money :oP haha
Hey mate, ive moved to AG and the freight ended up being a killer and making it too expensive...

But if youre interested in Liquid, Mike at brewers coop sells it in bulk for a fairly cheap price, but you have to supply your own container.. Are you in Auckland?
Those prices will probably be heaps more now with the exchange rate.

I understand your 'devil you know' thing but my god, after using a bit of DME I absolutely hate working with LME now, especially when I need to only take out a few table spoons of LME that's been stored in the freezer.

The bulk LME he has is all good though.
Surprisingly, the NZ dollar is standing up quite well against the Aussie dollar, so buying stuff from Aus right now is a pretty good time, crippling to get stuff from the US, but it works both ways...

Also, I imagine freight wouldnt be more expensive seeing as petrol costs have come down, allthough in saying that I wouldnt be surprised if it was exactly the same...
Aussie dollar is down against the green back also. Product over there is getting expensive also, as they buy the product in US dollars
Ah ass-u-me'd that those prices were from the US. But yeah, ordering some stuff from Aus is looking quite appealing at the moment.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service