Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys,

Just joined up after lurking around for a while reading. Thought I would say Hi & introduce.

I am based on the North Shore in Browns Bay and have just got into brewing, just bottled my second extract brew, can't wait to try it. Looks like there are a lot of good keen people out here, and some good advice to be had. I am currently scouring trademe (without luck) for some cheap kit, mainly a big pot for my next brew which will be partial grain. So if anybody is upgrading anythig and wants to get rid of stuff, let me know :-).

Thanks!

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in Whangaparaoa, does that count as 'the Shore'?
I've 3 beers in the keg right now, a so-so porter, a pretty decent ordinary bitter and a cracking American brown ale that I'm dying to share.
With a shopping list like that it does :-D.

Whangaparaoa isn't too far away from Browns Bay anyway. I think...
I'm keen to come to some of those AK SOBA meetings, although I have no one to come with and I'm a bit of the shy type :-P, will be a member once the HB comp comes round.
Make sure you get along Glen. I won't be at tomorrows, but I'll be at the next one. Even if you're not a member by then, come along. (although you should definitely sign up asap ;) ).
I don't think I'll be able to make it to tomorrows but I'll try and make it to one ASAP, same with the membership. Cheers.
Come tomorrow. Or I'll cry. Nobody likes a crying Greig. It's just pathetic.

Hrm. 3 pints of Stonecutter does not coherency make. And now like Yoda am I talking. Fail.
hahahaha you crazy loon!
Oh, harden up! :) We're pretty harmless really. Just a bunch of blokes (and the odd female bloke) that like to yack about beer. While drinking beer.

Martin
Hi all, just found this thread and thought I'd add to it/revive it for those who missed it back in July (like me).

I'm Paul, based in Auckland City, and have been brewing for about 4 months as a joint venture with my brother-in-law. After a (terrible) first start using a kit we have moved onto all-grain brewing and have half a dozen brews under our belts so far. Currently brewing about 25-30L batches every four weeks or so, and figuring it out as we go along. We haven't made a brew yet that we haven't enjoyed, so it's all good!

Got into brewing after tasting a few craft beers and having a bit of an epiphany on what good beer really is. That inspired us to have a crack at making our own, and to date have stuck to ale styles due to a lack of gear and patience for lagering. Have really got a lot of value out of this forum to date, so thanks to all those who've been free with the advice - it all helps!

Haven't joined SOBA yet but I will, and in the meantime I've been busy getting my mates converted to the joys of decent beer.
Think I might bump this as well...

Names Tyler, been doing BIAB for about 4 months now, I dont keg, but will be in about a month. I live in Rothesay Bay, so it seems theres a heap of brewers close to the bays, we should really all meet up for a tasting session or maybe even a big brew day???

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service