Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome mate. See you on the weekend!
Yes please :-) I'll send you a comment with my email address.
Sweet, thanks guys, all the rhizomes have been sent.

I packaged them with a moist paper towel which should keep them from drying out. They're packed in zip-lock bag filled with air for a bit of padding. Hope they survive the journey alright, they seems like tough little bastards.

Should turn up Monday/Tuesday. Hope it goes well for you all!
Once again, thanks heaps mate :)
Got it today and it's already planted. Thanks again and congrats on the best in class.
Cheers, congrats on your winnings too, you did pretty damn good yourself.

Everyone else get theirs?
I got mine thanks Denimglen!!!! It is in the ground looking very happy. I might post some photos soonish.

What are you planning on brewing bro?
Haha I'd hope you got yours, or some other bastard spotted me at Hallertau and saw an opportunity for a free plant :-P I snipped off that limp stem, thought it would be better for it to put it's energy into the other one.

Planning on brewing with the homegrown hops or in general?

Might do a big IPA with the danscade.

Smoothcone will probably be something simple, a very light APA or blonde so that I can get a feel for the hops.

In general, probably just gonna do something lightish next, done a few darkish beers lately, probably an APA or something.
Hey, thanks for mine too, got it today! I'll be planting it tomorrow :)
I would expect to see recipes with "Danscade" in them next year guys!

Hmm, potential winner for next years SOBA HB Fest?
Danscade! It still makes me chuckle, I feel honoured or something! LOL
Im all out of last seasons but I will have kg's of southland grown stuff next year so look out for a massive hoppy IPA, I made a decent pils with it too this year.
It will be interesting to see how they grow in the B.O.P after we move.

About a month after Transplant... Growing very nicely!!! How about your Smoothcone Glen?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service