Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can remember how good that beer was as you talk about it. Thanks again James!

Here is a pic of my babies - they have been growing well in the temperate New Plymouth (note the landmarks in the background...) Thanks again to DenimGlen for the Rhizome (and for that matter Dan) you guys can expect a beer from these puppies one day...
Looking good mate.

My Danscade has burrs/buds/whatver-pre-hops-are-called now. The other two Danscades haven't liked their new home and are working slowly.

The smoothcone is coming along nicely, no pre-hops yet and not as bushy as the Danscade but looking good nonetheless.
Hey guys, Joking sent me a rooted cutting of Danscade which is starting to come away nicely, so I'm more than happy to relinquish my position in the queue!

I also have two cuttings of Smoothcone from Joking.
Heres my Fragrant Garden hops so far they seem to
be thriving apart from the odd windbeating which comes with the territory
i suppose!!
Attachments:
Mine's just started flowering. Thanks again denimglen, growing hops is fun.

How're everyone's plants going?

My Danscade looks like it's not far off harvest actually. Might be ready by the weekend.

Smoothcone looks about a week behind the Danscade.
Mine's doing well, I think. I might get 50 grams of dry stuff - we'll see. Still no resin forming under the petals - the stigma' are falling out of the cones at this stage. Might be ready in a month.
My Mystery German has been flowering for a week or so. Anticipation is building...
I think I planted mine too late last year cos I dont have any flowers :o( What about you Barry?
The Danscade is about 1.5 metres high (wound around a stake), and one smoothcone is about 1/2 metre high around stakes. The other smoothcone, with some TLC is now about 10cm high and growing well.

These were all cuttings from Joking planted here at the start of January. Not expecting anything this year but rhizomes to share around next season.
My main plants are around ten metres high now and loaded full of flowers which just emerged a couple of weeks ago, should get a decent harvest if they are ready by the time I move to the north island, cutting it a bit fine though, I think I harvested mid april last year so I may not get to harvest, as long as I can take my rhizomes with me, I dont really care.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service