Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm just about ready to keg my first brew but I still need to get my hands on a co2 bottle. I don't want to rent one I would much prefer to buy one and the only place I found so far is $250 for a 3.5kg bottle.
I know I can get one from the states for around $170 including shipping but dont really want to wait the two weeks.

Views: 7010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup. That's the deal.
I brought an empty cylinder from the UK. Over there you 'buy' a cylinder, full for £16 (40 bucks). You then take it back and 'buy' another one for the same price...The shipping company insisted I empty it. On taking it to Wormalds on a Saturday morning 8.30 am the guy there filled it for me, pointing out that the cylinder safety test had expired and he should not really fill it...
NZlanders are robbed blind by BOC. The prices here are shocking compared to the UK. Bloody BOC...owned by the French now.
Mr Toast I know your english hate for the frogs but I just got my first bill from BOC and it was for $40 and its been a 8 months!! whats a man to do? I know owning them is a thing of principle but come on 12 cents a day is that realy robbing me blind?
I'm using BOC too, luckily I can sneak it onto my old man's welding account :-D

I see that this is quite an old thread but in case anyone out there is looking for a good 4.5kg CO2 bottle that stands about 530mm tall (including the tap and handle) I bought mine brand new from WilliamsWarn located in Penrose, Auckland (will deliver nationwide for $19 I think) at a cost of $300+GST and full of gas

It cost me $35 to get re-filled just last week, no idea if the CO2 was "food grade" but at least I know the bottle is fresh

For those looking for a cylinder in Tauranga, I got a second hand 3.5kg for $200 from Gas Fire Cylinder Services on Courtney road. for the money I got the cylinder, recertification, Fill, new valve and complimentary sodastream bottle fill and they tuned up my burner as well

All CO2 should be the same, and should all be suitable for use with food. There is also a seller on Trademe, username skute, who sells brand new 5KG bottles for $280 inc. GST with free shipping. I bought one from him and it was here in a couple of days, no worries.

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but I'm looking at these bottles as well from skute. Have you had any problems filling them? Also waiting on some prices to purchase one from Wormald.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service