Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi guys

I was thinking of seeing if we could organise a beer swap.

How it might work. 6 Wellington brewers put in 2 x 500ml bottles each. 6 from another city do the same.

We ship the beers to each other, do some tasting and give each other some feedback. It's a chance to get together with some other brewers from your home town, and it's also a chance to taste some beers from brewer who you'd normally not get to try beers from.

Anyone up for joining team Wellington? Any other cities keen to be involved?

I'll be first to put my hand and put, for Team Wellington, with:
1 x Yeastie Boy's "Pot Kettle Black" (american-style porter)
1 x Yeastie Boy's "Hold It now, Hop it!" (summer-style bitter)

We could focus on a shipping date of end of June. Any thoughts on how this might be best run are appreciated.

Cheers
Stu

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Count me in Stu.
Not bad timing seeing as I'll be brewing en masse for the NHC.
Count me in.
The way I've seen it done elsewhere (aussie), you have 13 brewers and each puts in a dozen (generally you'd do a batch just for this case swap). Then you have a dozen beers to send out to the 13 (they don't get sent their own of course) - everyone gets to sample one of each beer in the case. A mixed dozen in the mail, what could be better.
No reason it needs to be a full dozen, but the requirement is still that each person has to provide a bottle (or heck even 2) for everyone else in the swap.
I'd happily brew a beer specifically for this and bottle up a doz (as much as I bloody hate bottling).
I like the sound of both systems mentioned so far but I'm slightly leaning towards this one.

I'd also brew a batch just for the sake of a swap.
I'm just about to put down a lager, it won't be ready for a couple of weeks or so, but depending on how long it takes to get this off the ground, I'm in- Team Auckland.
i'd be happy to participate, but will leave you lot to work out the details.
end of june is excellent for me - i should have a good few decent offerings by then.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service