Time: May 30, 2009 from 4pm to 7pm
Street: Riverhead Coatsville Highway
City/Town: Auckland
Event Type: piss, up.
Organized By: JoKing
Latest Activity: Dec 7, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Irish Red Ale competition - $10 per entry, winner takes all... loser picks the next style to be brewed.

Comment Wall

Comment by JoKing on May 22, 2009 at 9:49am
There must be some crazy Daylight Savings time thing going on with the Time here. Please note it's from 4pm onwards.

Cheers.
Comment by Reviled on May 22, 2009 at 9:53am
Eh?? Thats what it says bro ;o) Are you particularly feeling the effects of daylight savings? All I know is it sucks that its almost pitch black at 5pm :o(
Comment by JoKing on May 22, 2009 at 10:00am
I had to change the settings so that it would show 4pm (I input 5pm in the event settings)... had to change it for those using Outlook and iCal.
Comment by Greig McGill on May 22, 2009 at 1:49pm
It showed 3pm for me! Doesn't worry me, since I'm going early anyway with some Hamilton guys and Alex for a few pre-event drinks and to buy yet more kegs from Steve. :)
Comment by JoKing on May 25, 2009 at 12:46pm
Just 5 more sleeps! ......... well ....... 15 for me considering Poppy is getting me up 3 times a night ....... but 5 for you guys!
Comment by denimglen on May 25, 2009 at 5:05pm
I think I'm gonna have to pull out from this one. Major aceteldehyde problem in mine, and don't think it will clean up by Friday, was a little too lax on aeration on this batch. Will still try and get down for a meet and great though!
Comment by JoKing on May 25, 2009 at 5:18pm
Bring some beer along anyway mate. She'll be right.
Comment by Martin Bridges on May 25, 2009 at 6:55pm
Still trying to figure out my transport arrangements but I'll deffo be there, and will deffo have the Red Irish Lord with me. I don't care what the judges think of it (actually, I really really do) but I'm enjoying drinking it.
Comment by Martin Bridges on May 25, 2009 at 6:57pm
I'm wondering whether I should jinx myself by doing some research on what style I'll choose if I come last.....
Comment by Barry on May 25, 2009 at 7:13pm
Glen if I were you I'd let the judges confirm that for you before discounting your beer. At the very least it's a good way to validate your concerns/palette. I'd be stoked if I thought I had acetalaldehyde or diacetal and someone who knows what they're talking about confirmed it.

Comment

RSVP for Western Brewers Conference competition to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service