Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just pitched some slurry into the late hopped brown, 1.036

Plans for next weekend - The North Welly Golden Ale

Matthew Chris & I made a start to the North Welly Style Guide on Friday over a beer
First one up is the North Welly Golden Ale and we're each brewing our own take on it next weekend
Goes something like
OG 1.040 to 1.050
FG - not even considered
IBU - not discussed
Ingredients
Maximum of two malt varieties
Upto 10% malt of your choice
Minimum 90% malturop pils
Hops 100% Sauvin

I have the Malturop and the Sauvin - but the rest is all a bit of a question mark right now !
Great idea jt, be very interesting to see the different interpretations from everyone involved.
Yea, credit to Matthew for the Golden Ale idea, oh and Chris for his enthusiasm for the impulsive hop buy.

I've no idea what I should do for this brew - it could be my excuse to do a Sauvin smash
But I think I'd need a large chuck of cleverness or luck to fall into my tun to do it well
Got this measured out for tomorrow. Slight change in malt from the last time I brewed it, awesome quaffer.

Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Blonde

3.88 kg .Global Cologne (4.5 SRM) Grain 77.60 %
1.12 kg .Global Pilsner (1.6 SRM) Grain 22.40 %

15.00 gm .Pacific Jade [11.60 %] (60 min) Hops 22.1 IBU
20.00 gm .Amarillo [7.50 %] (20 min) Hops 11.5 IBU
25.00 gm .Amarillo [7.50 %] (1 min) Hops 1.0 IBU
25.00 gm .Amarillo [7.50 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -

1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #US-05) Yeast-Ale
I have this beer what ever type of beer it is weighed out and ready for tomorrow

73% Vienna Malt
20% Wheat Malt
4% Carared
2% Special B

68 Degree Mash

15Ibu of Motueka @ 60
30g Motueka @ 10, 0
20g Czech Sazz @ 10, 0

Wyeast 3711 French Saison
1.060 - 1.010, 6.5%
30Ibu
Malty Water
This is what happens when you weigh your malt out the nightr before and give your brain time to think over a few beers and a bit of sleep

added to the grist
2.6kg Dingemanns Pilsner
300g Brown
500g Roast Barley
500g Melanodin
200g Carafa special II

1.060 and 50L of the stuff now will ferment one with the Saison Yeast and will be called Sai My BlackSon and the US05 version will be called Black beer fermented with US05
North Welly Golden Ale of course !

Matthew, Chris you guys too ?

Overshot the volume but the gravity was spot on 1.042
Yesterday for me - went well got 22l 1.048 bubbling away at 16c - only just made it through 60min boil my lpg tank is bone dry now phew!

Named the beer "8 Foot Sauvin" after one of my favourite nz bands who I was listening to whilst brewing!
1.042 and 1.048, good range for comparison eh.
Wonder what's Matthews was.

hey, had some rogue spuds, sprouted up from last years crop. Dug them out yesterday as I'm planting salad greens in that plot. Got a meals worth of nice egg sized jersey bennes

flowers on the tomato seedlings too
Matthew's was zip unfortunately, had to postpone until next weekend. Everything conspired against us and no was able to get together for a brew...
Have you guys thought of dry hopping ??
Still undecided, I'm just bit wary of getting a 'grassy' note from the sauvin since it's by itself. Whenever i've dry hopped with sauvin it's been minimal and with other hops.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service