Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two awesome beers tonight. First up, Lagunitas Censored Copper Ale. Apparently a strong ale but I thought it was more of an amber. Really malty but not overly amberish which suits me as not usually a fan of that style. 5.9% and very easy to get through.

Second up, Baird's Rising Sun Pale Ale. Oh man where have you been hiding all this time. A pale ale right up my street, not overly in your face, quite a soft hoppy aroma and taste but just so so good. I think it lasted 10 minutes whilst I ate dinner. Any idea what hops are in this anybody?
A saison at the parrot & jigger

Alex said it's from a wellington homebrewer starting to brew commercially
been brewing 4 or 5 years

Any ideas ?
I hope it was free or he'd paid the excise...? Any good, I love a good saison....
Nice summer pale was how we summed it up - on a wintery lower hutt day.

Brewer ... brewery ... excise ... dunno ... thought someone would be in the know ?
Crazy idea; http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/4188665/Beam-me-up-Shhhcotty-the-... But good to know you might be able to get a craft beer in space even if you can't get one on Air NZ.
Right - I'm back after my big trip back home to the good ol' USofA. It appears as though the years of work educating my staff on good beer has finally paid off. I come back and find we are stocking Friday drinks with the likes of these....

And man, did I have some nice beers over the last 6 weeks... more on that later.
Attachments:
Hey, can I have a job! I'm good with rocks and soil.

I've tried to indoctrinate my work but end up looking a social psychopath. Tui, anyone?
That is awesome. Wish my team were as good at choosing beer!

Hope you managed picked up the t-shirt I eventually left at HZ.
Tuatara APA inbottles ?
I feel a trip to the bottle store coming on, beauty
Epic Armageddon & Barrel Aged Stout at O'Carroll's in Vuclan Lane. Only $13 a bottle! Both excellent.

Also Martin's APA and American Stout, both of which were lovely, especially the stout.
Other peoples beer !

David McKenzie's (American ?) Stout. Nice & roasty though I supect there was an addition of some sort of crystal. On the dry side which is how I like a stout, big body, good beer chap
Thanks jt. Yip it's American, lots of columbus and late centennial in there. You're right, there was 5% pale crystal along with 6.5% roasted barley and 5% chocolate. Mashed at 68C, it started out at 1.064 and finished 1.016.

BTW my mate is very pleased with his new kit. Many thanks! Will have him brewing his own in no time.

Looking forward to trying one you gave me. When did you say it was bottled?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service