Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I was looking at the fine Liberty Brewing page and came across this malt.  Can anyone recommend it?  What would it compare too?  I have never come across it before, but admit I am a bit of a newbie.  It is rediculously cheap at $65 per 25kg sack.  May have to give it a lash next time I need a bit of grain.

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will sub out for 'American Two-Row', suited to NZ draught and lagers, could probably use it in European ales and lagers where there's a bit of specialty malt (ie not pilsners/light lagers where you need to showcase a good pils malt).

I've been using it in a lot of ales lately, mostly American styles, and been pretty happy with it so far.
I have used it as an economical base in my APA's, and lighter beers. Has clean neutral flavours, make up flavour and color with specialty malts, it converts well and is light in color. For english styles maybe mix with GP or MO.

Being NZ grown, it ticks alot of boxes for me

its cheap, uses less food miles, supports NZ businesses and its cheap!
I can attest - Jamis uses SHITLOADS of that Malturop malt!
This is good news. I was lining up Malturop for a trial. It's gonna be change from Kolsch that for sure!
I think I'm onto my 9th or 10th sack of it since June 2008 and it's done everything ok so far.
I do worry that I'm a little thin on malt sometimes, but that could be me & either some shabby recipes or technique
I use the stuff all the time and find it to be a very versatile malt. I use it in the "Festive Winter Ale" I make and it delivers a rich, full flavore.
Malteurope is the biggest malt company in the world, or so I read.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service