Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi, I have only ever brewed kits and keen to take it to the next level. The techniques involved are still black majic to me though so am keen to hook up with any keen home brewers that are putting down any Extract or AG brews around me.

Ill provide help. I am (possibly) a little OC so great with sterilizing :-), I listen well, good company and like to learn. 

All I want is to get my head around how extract and AG brews work so I can go and try it myself. 

I enjoy Wheats and Pilsners but actually any beer is good so doesn't matter what your berwing as long as I can use the techniques myself for future reference.

I live in Ellerslie so geographically close would be great,

If your keen and need some hands to help, please call me : 09 481 0508

Thanks

Daron

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha ! yes that IS the wrong forum....

Midweek is ok as long as I can plan ahead. I'm pretty mobile and can book out a few hours for it.
Hey guys, just bumping this back up ! Still keen as mustard
Daron - if you can make it to Orakei next Wed about 4pm I'll put a brew down...keen?
Woohoo ! Next wed it is then ! ! ! !
Hi Daron, I haven't forgotten. I just have not had the time to brew this week. I will notify you as soon as I know, when I am.
Hi Daron, my next brew will be in about 2 weeks (generally do Wed or Thurs night) and you're more than welcome to come along.
Thanks vdog. I'll put in a reminder to remind you....
Just a quick thanks to Garrick and Vdog for sharing some advice experience and giving me a little more confidence to try some new stuff.

Into partial mashing now (20l batches and have a nice hoppy ale raking at the moment which I'll bottle on sat (thx Garrick for the recipie) and a Belgian Wit thats gurgling away.

Ale
2 cans 'Light' Muntons Malt Extract

Speciality Grains:

340g Munich Malt
340g Crystal Malt

Hops

60min addition - 20g of Pacific Gem
10min addition - 30gm NZ Cascade
0min addition - 30gm NZ Cascade

Wit
220gr. light crystal malt (20°L)
220gr. flaked wheat
220gr. flaked oats
220gr. malted wheat
220gr.Belgian pilsner malt
2KG. Weyermann unhopped weizen malt extract syrup
1 cups light honey
4 AAU Brewer’s Gold hops(14gr. of 8% alpha acid) 30 mins
2 AAU Styrian Goldings hops(14gr. of 4% alpha acid) 15mins
Safbrew WB-06
No problem at all mate - and that pale ale of yours smelled great in the fermenter, so I'm sure it'll be a tasty wee number once it's ready to drink.
are you sneaking samples of the pale ale to take a 'reading'? and if so how does it taste?
Good stuff Vdog and Studio for sharing your knowledge :o)

One question for ya Daron, those 'brewers gold' hops, what are they? Are they like Amarillo? As I think ive heard of Amarillo being referred to as brewers gold before..
Dammit...thown the bag of hops. It wasn't exactly Brewers gold but the closest Mike from Brewerscoop could find.

Will be sneaking a sample when I bottle on Sun. Unfortunately have broken my collarbone so relying on the breadknife and mates to help (no I wont wait till I'm healed to brew again !)

Once I have a primary fermenter free again in Sun I will put down this Coopers Sparkling Clone :

2.75 kg Coopers light liquid malt extract
250 gm. crystal malt (60° Lovibond)
500 gm Belgian candi sugar (white)
10 gm Pride of Ringwood pellet hops 60 minutes
15 gm Pride of Ringwood pellet hops 15 minutes
15 gm Pride of Ringwood pellet hops 2 minutes
1 tsp. Irish moss

Looks pretty simple....will use Safale US-05

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service