Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't even get me started Mike....
stopped the pom's drinking

For how long ?
I thought binge drinking and chronic alcohol abuse was as bad now as anytime in the past - even the gin swilling days
Please don't fall for the neo-prohibitionist propaganda.

I suggest you go and read Pete Brown's blog for some more balanced reporting.
Not that I'm a fan of the over-regulatory torys, but she did introduce the guest beer law. Just sayin'. Not how I'd have solved the problem, but arguably a good thing.

*hides*
balanced

The people I saw (was it on 60 minutes ?) in Barnsley were very "unbalanced" and we're lead to believe that this is the modern Blighty ?

Bring back conscription, coupons and God Save Queen at the pictures
I had the same experience last week. Went to the Craic, and after a few pints of Guiness i asked for a taste of the Black (was very sceptical for the same reasons) and was very plesantly surprised.
I also asked about who brewed it, and its 'Pitch Black' by Invercargill breweries.
I think that they should advertise the fact that its brewed by Invercargil Breweries, as i for one would have been going to the Craic more often, and would have ordered the Craic Black instead of the Guinness.
Surley there are many people who stear clear of these 'Home Brand' beers?
I too will be going back for more.
If you find yourself at House in Hamilton, definitely DON'T steer clear of the home brand beer. It will be a unique beer brewed by Paul Croucher, and House will be the only place you can (officially) get it. :)
Any hints as to what style this "unique" brew is going to be?
None that I'm allowed to say. Hint: it's a safe style, but one loved by beer geeks and non-geeks alike. I'm looking forward to it.
Tried another pint of my American Cream Rye Ale last night, its cleared up, but man, the rye is so spicy and earthy, its almost like its been hopped with EKG or fuggles, its crazy!! Im definately thinking this kind of beer needs more crystal to hold up the rye, it seems almost out of balance without it...
Drinking ?

It's not usually a beer night but a Birthday - not mine - prompted a bottle of His Majesty

Matthew - you were right, I just couldn't wait, had to drink it, I just needed the right excuse

cheers, jt
Damn. Another HM2009 bites the dust. There must only be a couple bottles left in existence :(

Had a Dogfish 60min last night. Fruit salad in a bottle. Lot's peaches and apricot. Would love to try a fresh one!

Kirin first extraction or something tonight at Wagamama. Petty they didn't extract any hops... Mind you, it was better than the service we got.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service