Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'v gust startid brewing my own beer I'm useing kits at the moment but would like to start adding my own touch . what would be the best/easy way to start making a beter beer?.
also whear is the best place to get brewing suplies in the hasting napier area?.

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It should be OK. Just top it up again.
Go for an ale, IMO. Lagers can be a bit fickle. Plus they take longer to...lager. Ale can be ready in 3-4 weeks.
If you are a pilsner drinker (brewer) like me, the main reason you make an ale is if there is not enough space in the fridge to ferment a pils..... :)

Once you crack brewing lagered beers you get used to anal temperature control and off flavours.
Hi Hamish,

I'm a fairly basic kit brewer. I've just documented my first try at brewing a hoppy Lager from a kit on my blog: http://hefevice.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/my-first-lager/

Cheers.
How about a Golden Ale? It's a US style ale, not English, so you don't have the esters and flavours you get in English ales.

Here's a start:

1 can Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale
1 can Coopers Wheat Malt (unhopped)
250 gr light crystal or caramalt (steep this, drain the liquid, add water to about 5 litres, boil all for 15 minutes and add to your recipe)
15 gr Amarillo hops added to your steeped liquid
15 gr Amarillo hops added to your steeped liquid 5 minutes from the end of your boil
US05 American Ale yeast
15 gr Amarillo hops. Chuck them into your fermenter after 5 to 6 days, then leave until 2 weeks total before bottling.

Makes a very tasty quaffer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service