Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

How'd this go? Who went along? What was said, what was drunk, second impressions of Brew on Quay (and who came up with that name????).

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All good questions.

Plus why is the house beer called "Brew's Brew", and has anyone tried it? Rumored to be Lion Brown
Oh, they're not "one of those"? One of my pet peeves is rebranding of rubbish beers (or indeed, any beers) as something else to make it seem like it's a house brew. Say it ain't so?

Couldn't make it - forgot it conflicted with beer club Hamilton, which I know seems insignificant, but is always a fantastic time. It also had the HUGE advantage of not needing me to drive to Auckland on a weeknight.

Stop saying "pussy". ;)
I didn't get a big enough dose of you on Saturday, Greig - so I'm a bit annoyed at you for not coming... pussy. ;-p
Hrm, usually 5m is more than enough of a dose of me! ;)
I have it on pretty good authority that the house brew is indeed Lion Brown. I won't name my source, but he should know.

It was a great night. At one point I thought every brre-related personage in Auckland was there! Great to meet Bruce Holloway, and good to have a chat with SteveP again.

As always, it was left to Messrs Nicholas, Mallon & Cryer to lead me astray......
Dont blame me! I recon it was due to Impish antics.
I went, drank Turataras and Epics, I unloaded a tirade on the slow decent to being the shittist big beer brand in nz to the marketing manager of the shittist big beer brand in nz. He was really nice about that. And I won an ugly T shirt. lots of guys with beer bellies. Had a great time.
Yep, me and my Beer Belly were there!! Had a great night, Drank the Epic & Tuatara (tap) Great crowd, Nice bar, Great Launch for BrewNZ. Couldn't tell you what was said, had too many Epic's & Tuatara's to remember much!!
lol, love your work
I went - and only drank epic. Had a few chats to some nice beer folk - got mocked about being a homebrewer by a few peeps.

All good.
I was there last night, for the first time, I wasn't aware that there was a meeting I would have introduced myself.
Was there from 5.30 til about 7.00.

Anyway , I thought was great bar. The prices as mentioned in other forums is a bit steep, but that is the price you pay for great beer.

However, if I was the owner, I would want to rotate the stock a bit and I have a feeling that people may be put off at the price. One way to do this would be to have a "Brews' Club" were to join you have to start at the top of the beer fridge and work you way through until the end. May take a while to get through, but will attract loyality and "profit". Each person signs up and drinks the first beer and has to be drunk in order. Every 10th beer bought is free. At the end you are presented with limited edition "Brews' club" shirt and a free meal. Name on a Brew's club honours board. A good way of rotating stock and attracking new customers and keeping them loyal. Just my idea.

As for Brews' beer, I think If my friend from Lion brewed it, I would take him aside and say, "try again mate"

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service