Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gave some to my two year old, who gave a funny look of concentration and then said "MOOOOAAARRR!!"
The second sip seemed to appease him. Won't need to brush his teeth tonight.
I'm fully pleased with how this brew has turned out. This brew feels like "fate". I get this sense of "It was meant to be" when I taste it. Considering how many things could go wrong when brewing... nothing went wrong with this one. It's clean, neutral, well attenuated, hoppy - and relatively drinkable... considering the stats of the brew.

Times are tight, and it would have been a gut wrenching disaster if this brew had turned to custard.

I hope it found it's way to Wellington in good shape.

Cheers.
It's good. Really good. Another month or two under gas and in a near freezing keg and I'd say it would be outstanding. It is raw but there is not a thing wrong with it. This is what I was looking for from Epic Armageddon and Hallertau MHL last year... neither of them were as good as this, proving it is no easy beer to brew.

It is liquified hop sack but there is plenty of malt to carry it. Well done.
Thank you so much for the kind comments. This will be a regular feature in the brewery - brewed exclusively for happy times.

Cheers.
Off to the Horniman at hays and the market porter this arvo...could be drinking anything buit most likely Tim taylor landlord at the horniman.

In the fridge for later

Victory Hop devil
Sierra nevada Torpedo IPA
Sam Smiths Nut brown ale
Hook Norton twelve days
Cool, tell me what you think of the Horniman. It reminds me a bit of a Wetherspoons, but the beer is really well kept, and it's an impressive establishment.
I like it, it's another pub chain that name escapes me....there's another under london bridge called the mudlark. Beer is good and cheaper than the average. Market porter is gold on a sunday though!
where did you get the Torpedo IPA?

I'm on the plane at 9.30pm tonight and in London lunchtime Tuesday (GMT), see you for a pint at some stage. Colin gets in tonight.
Utobeer, Damn nice beer!

I'll try and catch up with you on wednesday!
It's a Nicholsons pub...remembered at about 3am dammit!
Mudlark has got a menu with about 15 different types of sausage on it YUM!
Ah! So it is. I think the Black Friar is one of those as well, and I really loved that pub too. As much for the decor as the beer! :)
Studio1 sent me a couple of beers.

#1 Simcoe GP Smash: Very definately reminds me of my beer. Simcoe is the shit! Very well brewed: clean, well attenuated. Passionfruit, Lemon, Caramel on the nose. Tastes dry with caramel flavour, hints of grain husk, with pine needles and some passionfruit. Finishes with a pleasant aftertaste of green banana and caramel. Very nice.

#2 IPA. Reminds me of monks habit. Has an orange peel aroma with grapefruit and a floral influence... hints of toffee. Tastes is pine initially, then orange, grapefruit hints of alcohol. Munich takes over with the toffee flavour of a high qualiity dark crystal: where did you get this from? Tastes better than my dark crystal. Aftertaste of warming alcohol and green banana again. Must be a trait of the yeast... funnily enough doesn't seem out of place.

Thanks for this - I'll send some beer your way soon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service