Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

We have been working on getting some U.S Beers for a while, and now that I have some numbers I need to figure out what the market would pay.. So, Here are three beers that I am interested to see what you would be prepared to pay per bottle..

1) Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA 330ml - http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-head-90-minute-imperial-ipa/10...

2) AleSmith YuleSmith (Summer) India Pale Ale 750ml - http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/alesmith-yulesmith-40summer41-india-pa...

3) Rogue Ales Dead Guy Ale 750ml - http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/rogue-dead-guy-ale/589/

What would you pay for each of these?

Regards
Daniel
The Beer Store

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would hope that the margins weren't to high on these beers

I was a little taken aback on how little the beerstore guys make on each unit, so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

...and look into...
I'd be into beers from the following, especially the dark ones:
Hair of the Dog
Three Floyds
Goose Island
Port Brewing
Green Flash
Stone Brewing
Russian River
Rogue
Alesmith
Bells
Founders
Port Brewing and Green Flash make outstanding IPAs.

Good call Stu.
This was the 6 pack I picked up in the corner store in San Diego for $12! It was dry.... bone dry.

I tried to drink the whole 6 pack in one night - but I could only manage 2 bottles before the bitterness dissolved my brain: hence the loss of drinking reflex. The pine aroma was so strong - that I woke up in a cold sweat thinking I was lost in the forest. I soon realised that it was actually the empty bottle on my bedside table. I had to dial 911 after I drank this beer. It took several assurances from the lady on the other end that my tongue would grow back.

Everything they say on ratebeer is true. I think I might ratebeer the above description.
I think you should! great description!!!
that's almost a challenge...drink a six pack of greenflash IPA.....
I did it. I feel a sense of fulfillment! I cant believe the 3.2's and 3.5's on that page! Those Americans are the worst kind of IPA snobs.
maybe it was peaty.... or honeybreadish...
zebracakes (1086), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
3.9 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall
7/10 4/5 8/10 4/5 16/20

Aug 8, 2006
On tap. Hazy orange yellow, cream head. Aroma is citrus and floral. Flavor is hoppy, floral, citrus, and caramel. Good stuff.
I'm with Stu. I'd pay a lot for an initial taste, but not so much for "regular consumption". I know that's a pain as you don't want to be sitting on stock after all us crazies have bought our 2 bottles of each. I don't really have a dollar value as it always depends on a) How flush I'm feeling, b) upcoming plans requiring large amounts of ready cash, and c) how many beers I've had when I see the "buy now" button. :)

I recently paid $30 for a 330ml bottle of Enrico's Cure. It was nice - I described it at the time as Thomas Hardy's Ale, but without the complexity or cellaring potential. TH comes from the other side of the world, and costs around $8-$12 a bottle depending on where you find it. Enrico's Cure comes from right here in NZ and (no offence Green Man) just isn't as good, or as cellar-able. Do I like it? Sure. Would I buy it again? Not at that price. Maybe at $8-$10 a bottle. Do I regret paying for it? Hell no. I recognise that I'm a sucker for trying new beer, and I never regret spending money to do so. Even if I regard it poorly, it's the experience of tasting it I'm paying for.

So that's me trying to sum up my habits as a consumer. Not sure if it helps.
Also, I think this will be awesome for, and is a great step towards expanding the NZ craft brewing scene. Once the uneducated NZ public see beer like available, try it, then enjoy it they'll start looking around to see who in NZ makes beer like this.

To be honest - I really do hope that this deal goes ahead. It will please more than just one little guy in New Plymouth I bet!
Agree. I try to go back to the US every 6 months to visit my aging parents. When I'm leaving to head back here, I'm not misty-eyed because I'm leaving my folks, it's because of that vast selection of craft-brewed beer I'm leaving.
After spending the day yesterday traveling, I have finally had a chance to read you comments.. Thanks.

There are about 40 different beers in this shipment.. Some of which you won't want to know about, but we get asked for all of the time, and some that will be of interest.

I will keep you updated as this order progresses (or doesn't)

Daniel

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service