Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

http://www.grainfather.com/

Mangrove Jacks new all grain unit - its nice

Views: 31938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Might sound daft but I just used a loosely wrap towel pegged to the lid clips.

I found it was the light breeze and air movement more than ambient that it struggled with. This created a little buffer around it which made a difference. Was keen to brew outside as the malt smell through house and kitchen is not the best to inflict on a very tolerant wife.

Would be keen to hear if you come up with some solutions - needs to be heat safe and non toxic so as not to contaminate the beer.

Yoga Mat is the standard for mash tuns and BIAB

Great - nice easy solution. Does it handle boil temps ok?

Hey Mark

I had a leaky chiller too. Just received my replacement chiller from iMake. Mine had a tiny crack in the outer tubing underneath the hose clamp. Hope the next one doesn't suffer the same fate.

Think mine has similar problem. Was yours on the water in?

Yip. Didn't show up during my initial testing after assembly, but I think once the hot wort expanded the copper the leak appeared. 

Here is an interesting side by side with a Braumeister. Not even a close contest by the look of it. And no, it's not what you think, it was the Grainfather all the way!

Rugby was the winner on the day.....

Hi - does anyone use beersmith with the grainfather.

I have only just started using beersmith and all grain brewing so a little green on both.

Does anyone have any details for correctly setting up a GF equipment profile?

Have been trying a few different settings but am struggling to get the water vols - especially sparge water vols to match the calcs in the GF manual.

Me too :)

I was wondering the same thing. I'm quite new to beersmith and have been struggling with getting it set up. Hopefully someone more advanced than me has already done so and will be willing to share their config.

If you have a look at the Beersmith YouTube page there are some videos that show you how to set your efficiency. I doubt there will be a one set efficiency for all Grainfathers as this can depend on your crush level, mash temp, and water levels, but things like tun deadspace should be the same.

I found this one useful: Link

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service