Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi all,

Where is everyone getting their silicone tube from? The cheapest I have found is from www.hiq.co.nz @ ~$14 per metre for the 12.7mm ID 1.6mm wall thickness (1/2” ID 1/16” WT). I saw on the craftbrew site that they recommend this is not used for pressure or suction hose (and theirs was actually 2mm wall thickness).

I have also found a source in the US for 30 metres of tube working out at about $15 per meter for the thicker wall 1/2" ID 1/8" WT which is recommended by craftbrew (or $8 for the 1/2” ID 1/16” WT).

The problem is I don’t need 30m and getting it any shorter is not an option with the supplier. So would there be any interest in the remaining 20-25m of 1/2” silicone hose, the prices above could probably be inclusive of postage (if it was only 5 or so people to send to). In terms of timing it would most likely take ~2 weeks to get here from order, then as soon as I get payments I could cut it up and post it.

So is there anyone that would be keen?

Cheers

Views: 4192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Guys

Have you tried De Laval - they stock all sorts of tube for hot and cold and most has to be food grade to satisfy the dairy industry standards.  I use black rubber for hot water - it has hot clean-in-place fluid through it in a cow shed so its good for sparge - no kinking and easy to hold with 75C water.  They also sell silicone - prices were much better than the $45 per metre I paid at HCD.

If post or post costs from the US are an issue have a look at YouPost.  It is an NZ Post address in the US (and another in the UK) where you get stuff sent to and they will readdress it, consolidate (air I think) and post it on to you for a small fee.  Seems to fit a few items people are looking for.

Cheers

You post is OK but they charge like wounded bulls. Especially for big items as they calculate volumetrically. Sucks if your big item doesn't weigh much, you get stung.

De Laval transparent silicone hose looks the bomb! Flash as. I can't imagine it's very cheap, do you have an idea of cost per metre Doug? Website says nothing and they don't have an Auckland branch.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/14-20mm-Food-Grade-Medical-Use-Grade...

Is the stuff I use. It was on special when I bought it so the price has gone up a bit since.

I haven't used the 1/2" I.D stuff but 14x20 seems to be the perfect size (to me at least). It for all intense purposes cannot kink even at extreme angles, it does not bulge at all under full pressure from my 809 pump, and it was a piece of cake to stretch over 1/2" NPT threads which leads to 0 flow restrictions in the system.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service