Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not technically correct.  Due to our free trade agreements any one can import and resell any electrical goods or appliance.

There have been cases where retailers have legally sold extension cords with phase and neutral reversed. (They were unaware of this problem until advised by an electrical inspector that purchased one. They were recalled).
Reputable resellers supply goods that have the Supplier Declaration of Conformity Sheet available.  These goods are more expensive but you are aware of what you are buying.  Just because someone is selling a product it does not mean that it is safe.

So this info on this site is just advice or law? only want to know as I was going to get some IP phones in to test from China and was going to resell some to recoup costs on them, I know its not brew related but hey when in rome

http://www.med.govt.nz/energysafety/about/faqs/electricity/safety-o...  

its the law.

no foreign plugs no adapters.... its why trademe normally pulls these types of auctions.

My reply is based on the electrical refresher courses I have to complete every 2 years.

On the web site there are statements as “must be safe” however there are no tests in New Zealand are actually required. See below

“Products that were intended for countries that use a different power supply system and have voltage marked with 110-120 V or 220 V, without any voltage rating that also includes 230 V 50 Hz, must be properly technically assessed (by who)to see if they are safe for use in New Zealand before being offered for sale. If after such an assessment they are found to be satisfactory, the marking must be amended to include the 230 V rating. The validity of any such safety assessment may be challenged; it is recommended that the importer consult with a recognised testing laboratory prior to conducting a safety assessment, to ensure this is done properly”.

So if you say they are safe and there are no challenges all good.  It is only recommended that the importer consult with a recognised testing laboratory prior to conducting a safety assessment, to ensure this is done properly

Get the drift.

All care but no responsibility.

Actually it is required that an SDoC is submitted.

This would be considered a medium risk household appliance, thus Regulation 83 of the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 applies:

A declared medium risk article may not be sold or offered for sale unless the supplier (being the New Zealand manufacturer or importer) has made a supplier declaration of conformity in respect of the article.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service