Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have been planning my new brew setup, and have been looking for the best place to buy all my stainless bits. BrewHardware seems to have a great selection of products at a very reasonable price point, and also has a great reputation. However, the shipping cost for my order is sitting at $86, which is a tad much... I tried adding a bunch of stuff to the cart, and the shipping cost seems to plateau at $86.

So this got me to thinking, if adding more stuff doesn't increase freight costs, then a group order would make perfect sense. I would be glad to organise a group buy of fittings, and ship them out to the individuals who partake. If anyone is interested in this, please let me know!

Cheers.

Views: 2146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice stuff from there Richard.  If you wanted something local you could also ask at Tube Bending in Penrose or lancer as they make coils all the time

Hey, I'd be keen for some QDs etc... do I have a day or two to figure out what I need?

The end of November is when we are planning on finalising the order. Once everyone that has decided to be a part of the group order is in, I will PM them individually to sort it out.

Would be very keen for a set of keg fittings and some camlocks :D

Sweet as, we are planning on finalising our order at the end of November.

I wonder how the polyprop camlocks would hold up.  Anyone used them with the heat?

Hi Clinton, I'm keen to get in on the order, so far looking at getting a maple mash paddle (not sure if this would be to big or being wood a custom issue though), chugger stainless inline head, high flow elbow barb, brewers precision tool kit, 1/4" npt to probe with weldless for coolers

I think the mash paddle may be a bit long, but everything else sounds good.

Damn, I need to spend more time on these forums! Just ordered camlocks & some SS fittings from Brewhardware.com last week, and it sounds like I'm up to the same stage as a few of you.

One thing I'll add is to email Bobby about shipping, as with international shipping sometimes parts can fit into smaller boxes which are cheaper - so the automatic shipping calculator can overestimate shipping. My shipping was quoted at $86 and ended up being $48 (he refunded my CC), but admittedly this was for ~4kg of camlocks and fittings - it might be different for a larger order. Might be helpful to check though.

You could also try youshop for getting stuff from overseas that won't ship to NZ (NZ post has US postal address, and will forward stuff from US/UK to NZ). It worked about $2 cheaper for my Brewhardware order, but I just went through Bobby for the sake of simplicity.

I'd be keen to get a few bits in an Auber group buy if this goes through!

Hey, I think I'll skip this one too, looking for QDs specifically. cheers.

I am keen on those snap connects Tilt just posted examples of,  I need 5 sets.   happy to post funds who is organising?

They're not part of this order Pete. Haven't had a chance to chase it all up yet so if you're keen on those exact ones it might be best to give Gryphons a bell.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service